Ikkstudent
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I can't decide between Bristol for Biochemistry with Molecular Biology and Biotechnology or Exeter for Biologcal Science.

While I am more interested in biology and feel Exeter's course is so broad it will help me decide which area of biological science I would like to go into after uni, Bristol's course is more 'impressive' and it is considered a better uni.

Also, it seems biochemistry opens some doors a degree in biological science would not - such as medicine.

HOWEVER I live in Bristol already, so going to uni there wouldn't be AS exciting. Also, I feel I could definitely get a better degree classification doing biology because I find it easier than biochemistry. I would like to do my masters at Oxbridge or imperial so a good classification is important to me

I just don't know what to do LOL. I guess if exeter was considered a better uni i'd have no hesitation in going there, but the more 'impressive' degree at a better uni is appealing.

What do you think?

(Bristols biology degree didn't appeal to me thus why I'm considering biochemistry)
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you looked at the Cellular and Molecular Medicine program at Bristol : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cellmolmed/...undergraduate/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (95)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (284)
15.09%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (199)
10.57%
Lack of purpose or motivation (264)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (83)
4.41%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (109)
5.79%
Loneliness (163)
8.66%
Financial worries (67)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (82)
4.36%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (105)
5.58%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (165)
8.77%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (177)
9.4%

Watched Threads