The Student Room Group

Does York or Exeter have a better reputation?

Not focusing on student experience, courses etc. If you were hiring who would you pick?
Original post by Icantthink
Not focusing on student experience, courses etc. If you were hiring who would you pick?

If I were hiring (a) I'd know what course the applicant had studied (which you've said to ignore) and (b) I'm unlikely to factor-in York vs. Exeter anyway - given that they're quite similar.
Reply 2
I want to study history, but I don’t know if that has any bearing on the uni rep
Original post by Icantthink
I want to study history, but I don’t know if that has any bearing on the uni rep

Exeter probably has the slightly better reputation but it certainly isnt worth choosing a degree for. Go for where you feel most comfortable is location and course content. You are somewhere for 3 years and your happiness must come first.
Reply 4
If you tell me how you intend to measure something as nebulous as 'reputation' - and who you think will be hiring you taht will be that bothered by the name of your Uni - then I might be able to advise you.

On the other hand, you could just look at the units available in each year of each course, and think about which one would interest you the most. Think about it.
Reply 5
No difference for something like history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending