The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies F297 2016 - VGL Case Study

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by katie1123
Hopefully that will get me four marks maybe, I think I did okay everywhere else but I am worried that has brought me down, I really wanted a B but i've never been good at calculations.
Thank you for answering though:smile:

You may have got more than 4 but i don't know how marks are allocated for maths questions... 13 marks available but there was not 13 answers if that makes sense and ahh no worries.
What did people get for Q3 2016? (The TSA question) Because a bunch of people in my class got different answers..
Reply 302
Original post by Twincyclone
What did people get for Q3 2016? (The TSA question) Because a bunch of people in my class got different answers..

210.8 OR 212.. can't remember, you?
I got something like 127, but then I couldn't remember how to do it at the time.. I have a friend who got 212 though.
Think I got 211.5
Original post by KatieC97
Hi everyone,

Has anyone seen the pre-release case study for this year for the OCR a level in Business Studies? If so what do you think of it?

Thanks Guys! :smile:

How did everyone find the exam??
Original post by Allytodd97
What did people put in their last essay? Which was how can VGL improve their performance (without entering textiles market). I found that the hardest question.

I put that their strategy could be to improve their efficiency, probably wrong though aha
Does anybody know the number for the marketing exam? Is it f295 or something? Time to start revising for Wednesday's business exam now.... :frown:
Original post by Twincyclone

everyone I spoke to got 113.33 I think
Does anybody know the number for the marketing exam? Is it f295 or something? Time to start revising for Wednesday's business exam now.... :frown:

Marketing is F293
How did you find out the TSA answer? Did you have to do a line of best fit because I didn't do that:frown:
for the first question I got 113.3, but im not sure if I did the graph right

for the follow up essay I did about how TSA doesn't show why the trend is happening and due to increasing competition and spot markets, trends aren't going to continue / be reliable, then evaluated SWOT and ansoffs matrix as other decision tools

for the economic growth essay I wrote about how a strong pound would affect their exports and thus revenue, how LT would be harder to keep down due to more job opportunities, that 2 contracts would be easier as consumer confidence goes up, and how the charity objective wouldn't be much affected as that doesn't depend much on economic stability and can be reached easily and inexpensively

for the diversify question I wrote about break even, the reliability of their numbers and how far off 200 tonnes a week is from the B/E of 10 tonnes a week, how they haven't done much research, the opp. cost of storing it all, the quality of the textiles being poor so landfill costs, then concluded that it would mean losing focus on the 4 objectives but it doesn't matter cos they'll (hopefully) be making loads of DOLLAAAA

and then the last question I wrote about training to minimise contamination, all that stuff. then counter argued that workers aren't the issue but the lower socio economic groups, so educate in schools about recycling
then concluded and evaluated saying that VGL are already doing pretty well for themselves, so they don't necessarily need to look at doing anything else EXTRA

I was really pushed for time and after reading this thread I'm really worried that ive written all the wrong stuff lol
Original post by Oliver_1_2
Marketing is F293

Thankyou! Are you taking this exam also? How are you revising for it?
Thankyou! Are you taking this exam also? How are you revising for it?

Yep! And I haven't really done loads yet, focusing more on my other subjects for now! But I've gone through a few of the past papers and just going to make sure I know information like types of promotion, pricing strategies etc
Reply 314
For the first question, did you have to complete the graph?? I got a bit confused because it said 'using the incomplete graph' and didn't exactly state you have to complete the graph. But then I thought 13 marks was too much just to find the value for Q3
For the TSA question you had to draw the line of best fit and find the number at 2016 Q3. You then had to add this number to the figure you found earlier when you added the Q3 CV figures and divided them by 3 :smile: I got something like 212 (1.dp) I think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jordandakota
For the TSA analysis question you had to draw the line of best fit and find the number at 2016 Q3. You then had to add this number to the figure you found earlier when you added thoe Q3 CV figures and divided them by 3 :smile: I got something like 212 (1.dp) I think

I didn't do that:frown::frown:
Original post by lucy112233
I didn't do that:frown::frown:

It seems like a lot of people missed out on this one :frown: My teacher went over it so many times with us and it was in the APT guide also
Original post by sophiemoore123
I put that their strategy could be to improve their efficiency, probably wrong though aha

I put this too! I said they can do it by improving their liquidity by reducing stock and reducing contamination by motivation and training :smile:
Reply 319
Original post by Jordandakota
It seems like a lot of people missed out on this one :frown: My teacher went over it so many times with us and it was in the APT guide also

Hi,
I done pretty much the same but must have slightly read the graph wrong as i got 210.8. Do you think they'll give me the marks as i was only 1.2 out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending