The Student Room Group

Tips for Edexcel Maths Mechanics

Im in yr 12 and we started maths mechanics and im finding it more difficult than i thought. Any tips on how to get better at mechanics would be very highly appreciated.
Attempt to familiarize yourself with all the equations you would need to solve particular problems.
From there the only other the thing you would need to do is understand the situations stated in the questions, this step is the harder bit as you should be able to understand what set of equations goes with what circumstance.

After that things get A LOT easier.
Reply 2
Original post by BobbyFlay
Attempt to familiarize yourself with all the equations you would need to solve particular problems.
From there the only other the thing you would need to do is understand the situations stated in the questions, this step is the harder bit as you should be able to understand what set of equations goes with what circumstance.

After that things get A LOT easier.

Should I go through every single question per exercise or just the hard ones plus the solomon ones?
Original post by SargentZenj2
Should I go through every single question per exercise or just the hard ones plus the solomon ones?

I'd recommend all of them, as each question ( for the most part ) tends to use different wording which requires different equations. It makes for good practice.

Quick Reply

Latest