The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Go to a dentist later on, there's not much else you can do.
Reply 2
who_me
Help! I just bit into an apple and a bit of my tooth cracked off! I don't know where it's gone - I didn't even notice at the time! Thankfully it's only a bit of a tooth at the back of my mouth, but what should I do? Am I meant to drink milk or something? :confused: I'd say at least a quarter of the tooth has cracked off!

erm, ask ure parents. does it hurt
dont go to the dentist they horible
Reply 4
Is it really bad? Is something wrong with my teeth? I brush 3 times a day and use mouthwash...and I floss! It's not fair! :frown:
Reply 5
alio
erm, ask ure parents. does it hurt

No it doesn't hurt - just feels weird.
Reply 6
who_me
Is it really bad? Is something wrong with my teeth? I brush 3 times a day and use mouthwash...and I floss! It's not fair! :frown:

That's probably why, excessive brushing and toothpaste make the enamel very weak.
Reply 7
who_me
No it doesn't hurt - just feels weird.

dont worry about it, just go to the dentist tomoz or shud i say later on today. :smile:
Reply 8
Damn it. Stupid teeth. I hope my bones are in better condition!
Reply 9
who_me
Damn it. Stupid teeth. I hope my bones are in better condition!

lol teeth arn't bones though - i dont think
Reply 10
I chipped half my front tooth off on a table about 8 years ago. You might find you get a quicker appointment if you tell them it's agonisingly painful. Getting it capped isn't sore at all - just check they make a decent job of it before you leave!

Colin
Reply 11
Col-C
I chipped half my front tooth off on a table about 8 years ago. You might find you get a quicker appointment if you tell them it's agonisingly painful. Getting it capped isn't sore at all - just check they make a decent job of it before you leave!

Colin

Thanks for the reassurance...I feel like part of my mouth is missing :frown: it wasn't even a big bit but you know when you can tell something is missing... My dentist is really good though, I will go and see him tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help :smile:
Reply 12
I had a back tooth split in two, but still stay in my mouth. Don't panic it's going to be fine.

I got to see the dentist at 8.00am in the morning and she just pulled it out. Well she didn't really pull, just got some forceps-type things and it came out.

I'd had a lot of trouble with that tooth before, I'd had a root filling but that didn't stop the pain so she had to take it out and do it again. She'd been trying to 'save' what was left of the tooth (been filled 2/3 times) but after it broke in two she decided a crown would be best.

I now have a rather townie looking gold tooth, but you can only see it when I smile really wide.

Latest

Trending

Trending