The Student Room Group

How many fillings do you have?

Poll

How many fillings do you have?

I’m just got back from the dentist and found out I need my first filling. I’m 21 and so feel like I’ve done well at not needing one up until now but I’m wondering how common are fillings these days. How many fillings do you have and how old are you? Do you have the silver or white ones?
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jameswillox
I’m just got back from the dentist and found out I need my first filling. I’m 21 and so feel like I’ve done well at not needing one up until now but I’m wondering how common are fillings these days. How many fillings do you have and how old are you? Do you have the silver or white ones?

I don't have any fillings. The best way to stop this is by flossing at least one a day and brushing your teeth with a eletric toothbrush for 2 minutes twice a day.
Reply 2
For people with the silver fillings: how noticeable are they in the back? The dentist said the NHS only covers white ones on front teeth so I’ll need to consider wether it’s worth shelling out or not…
Original post by Jameswillox
For people with the silver fillings: how noticeable are they in the back? The dentist said the NHS only covers white ones on front teeth so I’ll need to consider wether it’s worth shelling out or not…

Nobody is going to be looking that far into your mouth unless you are in a very intimate scenario (or they're a healthcare professional). You'll be able to see them when you look into your mouth in the mirror while brushing your teeth, but people aren't realistically going to be in a position to be looking into your mouth like that in day to day stuff.

Also even if they do see them they won't really care, as fillings are fairly common procedures.

A metal crown might be a bit more noticeable, but a filling? Doubt that will be visible.
Reply 4
2 grey, 2 white.
None at the grand old age of 39. My teeth are in good nick.

I do, however, very unfortunately, have a false tooth in the form of a bridge (top left front tooth) but that was due to being hit in the face, not because of any sort of tooth decay.
Too many. Majority are white. I had braces as a teenager and they weren't fixed properly and I needed so much work done when they came off. As someone who thought their teeth looked fine to begin with and didn't want braces, it just made me regret the whole procedure more.
Reply 7
None, 36.

I have a rebuild at the front from a slight chip in a fight, and I have some wear damage to some molars because I'm a stress-grinder. I have a gumshield for that.
Just 1 silver one
I have one white one on a front tooth after I slipped on a wet floor and broke the tooth.

Quick Reply

Latest