The Student Room Group

I feel so unmotivated

I've been reading lots of posts about what to do when feeling unmotivated but i just don't know what to do.

I have been waiting to see a psychiatrist since February to get some meds which are suited to me. I feel so depressed, unmotivated, i feel stressed, i sometimes suffer memory loss i can sit through a class come out and remember nothing! which stresses me even more because i panic about my exams then thinking i'm missing valuable information. I'm not eating much, i don't have any friends to meet up with or talk too. I have a lot of stress going on at home as well and i just feel like i'm all over the place at the moment. Some days i'll fall asleep at 8pm and sleep through til 4am 5 am the next morning really alert awake and energetic and then the next day i'll fall asleep at like 11pm and even at 7am i still don't feel fully rested. I go from feeling super energetic and hyper and mega alert and i can feel pressure on my eyes to the complete oppisite and just wanting to lay and bed and let everything pass me by until things get better, but the point is things wont ever get better. Until i get my medication and start my therapy and whatever but the thing is, i have no clue what is going on in regards to my appointments as they don't even seem to know themselves. So this is like an endless circle. I literally just don't know what to do and each day is a crazy struggle and i can't just keep missing lessons.

advice guys plz, i'm just losing control
Original post by xxlvx
advice guys plz, i'm just losing control

LITERALLY read Eckhart Tolle 'The Power of Now'. You can get it cheap on ebay/amazon and if you do read it be optimistic.

I can't stress it enough, I was a complete mess, depressed refused to go to college, attempted to kill myself and after someone recommended this book to me it changed me completely. Even at Christmas (2013) I was a f*cking grinch, I felt like crying and I couldn't hide it any more and when I finished reading it I was happy to go back to college, got a part-time job and now go partying on the weekend.

Think about it :smile:
Reply 2
Thankyou, I'll look into it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest