The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I'm a failure

I'm a failure. I'm a piece of f******* ****. I failed University 2 times. 1st time I failed first year, after that I left uni for 1 year then resumed the year after. 2nd time I failed 1st year again. Now I'm considering quitting again. I can do resits but I really not enjoying it. I can't study. I'm a dumb piece of ****. My parents are really angry.

you probably ask why did fail? simple. Not enough hard work. like i said I'm a dumb f****** **** i cant study. Even if I do, I forget most of the stuff the next day. I have social anxiety and depression but have not been diagnosed yet because I have not seen my GP because I'm a lazy ****er.

I am 23 years old i should have graduated at 21 nw im 23? you see? im f****** pathetic
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by EPIC Guy
I'm a failure. I'm a piece of ****ing ****. I failed University 2 times. 1st time I failed first year, after that I left uni for 1 year then resumed the year after. 2nd time I failed 1st year again. Now I'm considering quitting again. I can do resits but I really not enjoying it. I can't study. I'm a dumb piece of ****. My parents are really angry.

you probably ask why did fail? simple. Not enough hard work. like i said I'm a dumb ****ing **** i cant study. Even if I do, I forget most of the stuff the next day. I have social anxiety and depression but have not been diagnosed yet because I have not seen my GP because I'm a lazy ****er.

I am 23 years old i should have graduated at 21 nw im 23? you see? im ****ing pathetic

My bf was the same. Look at the positives in life. Remember not everthing is your fault!☺

Also someone out there loves you! Keep going for them!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Bham369
My bf was the same. Look at the positives in life. Remember not everthing is your fault!☺

Also someone out there loves you! Keep going for them!

everything is my fault. full stop.
Reply 3

No it isnt! Things happen for a reason! Just find the reason! Then things will make sense!
Reply 4

Make it through today then fake it until you make it!
I know exactly how you feel! I had similar struggles when I was at university and suffered from depression and anxiety. I found it so hard to concentrate and study so I barely did any work but then would get really stressed because I was failing. But at the same time felt so depressed I couldn't bring myself to work. I thought about quitting so many times!
I didn't see the doctor about it for years because I couldn't be arsed. But I urge you please get help! I finally went to my GP a few months ago and it was the best thing I could of done. I am finally getting help and am on the road to recovery. I made my time at uni so unnecessarily hard because I refused to get help! I am receiving therapy and its helping me to be more proactive with work. You're not lazy! I thought my problem was laziness and would get so frustrated with myself, but you can get help to change this!!
I really thought about ending my life but the day I went to see my GP my eyes were opened. Finally getting the help that I knew I needed made me feel SO much better. Its a long road to recovery but you CAN and WILL get over this. I promise. I thought I never could get better but I am, and so can you!
Also, one of my friends graduated from his undergrad degree when he was 31 after struggling with uni when he was 20 and taking a break for ten years to sort out what he wanted in life! Going back to uni when he was older was probably the best thing for him as he knew what he wanted to do in life. Just because you're 23 this does not make you pathetic! Maybe talk to the counselling services at your uni as you are not the only one to fail years at uni - this happened to a few of my friends!
Please please please get help. I know you can get through this!
Poor health and wrong foods ruined it for me. I ate too much food, too much caffeine, too much chocolate, too much crisps, too much fast food which caused me to gain weight and gave me ill health which gave me concentration issues.

My grades are so bad. I failed A levels I got CDE and rejected from university. I am 18 and doing a BTEC right now. I am a failure. I am going to either have to get Distinction/Merit in BTEC or do Access course. FML.

I now eat less food. I eat only pasta, rice and bread and no sugar and no fast food and no caffeine. Only milk and water for beverage. I am slowly improving but it is hard.
What's with folks digging up a 6 year-old post
That's what I'm saying I just realised this was posted 6 years ago

Latest