The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Applied to Bristol over a month ago- should I be worried?

I applied to University of Bristol for English over a month, and I've received all 4 of my other offers pretty quickly apart from Bristol. I'm predicted A*AA for A2, with the A* in English Lit. and A*AA is what Bristol ask for.
Should I be worried that I haven't heard back?
It was going to be my firm </3
Definitely not! Many Bristol applicants have not heard yet, your predicted grades are excellent so unless you have some absolutely huge negative in another part of your application (such as a criminal record for mass murder :laugh:) then I wouldn't be worrying at all :biggrin:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Thank you! That's made me feel a lot better hahaha :biggrin:
Reply 3
I applied in October for English at Bristol and still haven't heard back either! I've had a few emails saying they're still considering my application...but that's about it
Reply 4
That's the same with me!
Reply 5
Same here- I haven't heard but I Know someone with an offer for English who got theirs last month! What does that mean for us?
Reply 6
Original post by Lia.g11
I applied to University of Bristol for English over a month, and I've received all 4 of my other offers pretty quickly apart from Bristol. I'm predicted A*AA for A2, with the A* in English Lit. and A*AA is what Bristol ask for.
Should I be worried that I haven't heard back?
It was going to be my firm </3

Where else had you had offers from?
If memory serves, I didn't hear back in 2014 until the start of February, so I wouldn't be too concerned.
Reply 8
Original post by Marmite1
Same here- I haven't heard but I Know someone with an offer for English who got theirs last month! What does that mean for us?

Seriously! I haven't heard of anyone yet with an offer for english...that's so scary
I have an offer for English from Bristol. Received it 2 weeks ago.
Hmm, weird I got my offer 6 days after my application got sent off for Psychology.. But I wouldn't be too worried one of my friends applied for english around the same time as me and hasn't heard back yet
Don't worry, Bristol can be rather slow! I'm there now, and last year when I was applying, after having sent off my UCAS early Jan, I had received all my other offers by mid-Feb, and I didn't get my Bristol offer until less than a week before the deadline in May :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending