The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London (KCL) Postgraduate 2023

Starting a thread for postgrad applicants to King's for 2023/2024

Scroll to see replies

Good news. Accepted this afternoon to the MA World History and Culture. Application submitted Jan 2nd, References in Jan 14th, Decision Jan 31st. Very efficient.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Congrats dude, also got accepted in the MA in International Relations
Anybody from outside the UK that is going to study in KCL?
(Original post by Ferty31865)Anybody from outside the UK that is going to study in KCL?

Hey,

I'm trying, I've applied for MA National Security from abroad. May I ask how long they took to offer you a decision?
Like a month and a half or so. Not super long!
Original post by Ferty31865
Like a month and a half or so. Not super long!

Thanks, and congrats!
Applied for Phd in War studies. Application submitted on 5th Jan. Documents status changed on 11th January. Since then, the application status is still on "received and being processed"
I applied for the MA National Security Studies on Jan 11th, documents status changed on Feb 6th. I've contacted them to ask if I would get a decision before Feb 28th, as this is the deadline for one of the (external) scholarschips I'm applying to. They said they hoped to provide me with a decision by then and that, as of Feb 6th, my application is with the 'admissions tutor' (which I assume is the department-specific admissions person). I've also called admissions with this question and the person on the phone replied that I should receive a decision within 7-10 working days after my application reached the admissions tutor but that delays do sometimes occur.
Original post by Ghentstudent9
I applied for the MA National Security Studies on Jan 11th, documents status changed on Feb 6th. I've contacted them to ask if I would get a decision before Feb 28th, as this is the deadline for one of the (external) scholarschips I'm applying to. They said they hoped to provide me with a decision by then and that, as of Feb 6th, my application is with the 'admissions tutor' (which I assume is the department-specific admissions person). I've also called admissions with this question and the person on the phone replied that I should receive a decision within 7-10 working days after my application reached the admissions tutor but that delays do sometimes occur.

Good luck, it sounds like you've got a good shot at it.

Was the person you spoke to on the phone a KCL rep or someone specific to your department? My document status was updated today and I'm curious to know whether the week/week-and-a-half window is standard for all programmes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by anonymous9990
Good luck, it sounds like you've got a good shot at it.

Was the person you spoke to on the phone a KCL rep or someone specific to your department? My document status was updated today and I'm curious to know whether the week/week-and-a-half window is standard for all programmes.

I think it was just a student working for general admissions. TBH I'm also wondering whether that timeline is realistic or not, because after the call I received this sort of generic e-mail thanking me for calling with a message that this is a busy period for admissions and delays may occur. Today was the 10th working day since my status changed and I haven't heard anything so yeah haha
Original post by Ghentstudent9
I think it was just a student working for general admissions. TBH I'm also wondering whether that timeline is realistic or not, because after the call I received this sort of generic e-mail thanking me for calling with a message that this is a busy period for admissions and delays may occur. Today was the 10th working day since my status changed and I haven't heard anything so yeah haha

Haha sounds about right. Let us know when you hear back and how it goes
Received an unconditional offer for the MSc in Digital Marketing today exactly one month after my completed application (with references) was submitted. Woohoo!
Original post by marketinghopeful
Received an unconditional offer for the MSc in Digital Marketing today exactly one month after my completed application (with references) was submitted. Woohoo!

Congrats!
Anybody who has applied to MSc International Management or MSc Finance?
Does anyone know how long it will approximately take between document status change to receiving a rejection/offer?
Hi, so I submitted my application (post-graduate, dual masters) on February 13th (really not that much time ago). And three days ago kings messaged me saying "Thank you for your application to King’s. We are working our way through all our applications and hope to be able to provide you with a decision soon. We value all applicants and their efforts in putting together well thought out applications and for responding to our queries." (it goes on and on). Does this mean they just processed now my application? Cause on the 13th it said they had received it correctly but idk. Im not that nervous since I already received one conditional offer, but idk curious about whether if they are going to accept me or not
Pretty sure that's an automated reply email that just gets sent to all applicants--doesn't have any bearing on yours specifically so don't be too worried!

(Original post by Anne123987)Hi, so I submitted my application (post-graduate, dual masters) on February 13th (really not that much time ago). And three days ago kings messaged me saying "Thank you for your application to King’s. We are working our way through all our applications and hope to be able to provide you with a decision soon. We value all applicants and their efforts in putting together well thought out applications and for responding to our queries." (it goes on and on). Does this mean they just processed now my application? Cause on the 13th it said they had received it correctly but idk. Im not that nervous since I already received one conditional offer, but idk curious about whether if they are going to accept me or not
Original post by marketinghopeful
Pretty sure that's an automated reply email that just gets sent to all applicants--doesn't have any bearing on yours specifically so don't be too worried!

(Original post by Anne123987)Hi, so I submitted my application (post-graduate, dual masters) on February 13th (really not that much time ago). And three days ago kings messaged me saying "Thank you for your application to King’s. We are working our way through all our applications and hope to be able to provide you with a decision soon. We value all applicants and their efforts in putting together well thought out applications and for responding to our queries." (it goes on and on). Does this mean they just processed now my application? Cause on the 13th it said they had received it correctly but idk. Im not that nervous since I already received one conditional offer, but idk curious about whether if they are going to accept me or not

okay got it! many thanks
Original post by gvgvgvgvgv
Applied for Phd in War studies. Application submitted on 5th Jan. Documents status changed on 11th January. Since then, the application status is still on "received and being processed"

I applied for Mental Health Studies MSc in Jan too and still haven't heard back

Quick Reply

Latest