The Student Room Group

Astrophysics - which AS to drop?

Hi everyone,
So in university I would really like to study astrophysics. I currently study maths, physics, history and chemistry and I struggle with chemistry and want to drop it for AS. Do you think universities would still accept me if I had physics, maths and history at A2 instead of physics, maths and chemistry?

To anyone also thinking of studying astrophysics at uni, what do you currently study at AS/A2 and what do you wish to drop?

And to anyone who is currently studying astrophysics at uni, do my choices look fine to you and what did you study at A Levels and get?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sophie_Nanase
Hi everyone,
So in university I would really like to study astrophysics. I currently study maths, physics, history and chemistry and I struggle with chemistry and want to drop it for AS. Do you think universitities would still accept me if I had physics, maths and history at A2 instead of physics, maths and chemistry?

To anyone also thinking of studying astrophysics at uni, what do you currently study at AS/A2 and what do you wish to drop?

And to anyone who is currently studying astrophysics at uni, do my choices look fine to you and what did you study at A Levels and get?

Possibly, but you'd be in a stronger position with chemistry.
Reply 2
History since you'd only have two STEM subjects if you dropped chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest