The Student Room Group

possible bipolar disorder?

ive been going to camhs for a while but during as year my mood hit an all time low, i completed my as exams but atrociously and was very close to dropping out of school and from then school have started taking my mh seriously, but i really dont feel any better in this half term alone ive missed 28 days of school and have missed so much work bc of this also my aspirations for uni have pretty much been destroyed bc of mental health and im looking to applying through a foundation course for several unis for english lit, despite all this ive resisted medication however camhs have booked an appointment for me to see a psych about meds however i feel as if i dont have depression as i my goes through episodes, in depressive episodes its like depression expect very intense and debilitating, symptoms are present every day and i have thoughts about killing myself daily also i regularly self h rm during these periods an they usually last for 2 weeks i also get very violent and have had the police called on me twice and tried to kill myself twice too sometimes i also have delusions that im living in a dream and everyone around me is plotting to murder me and after these episodes i wake up the next morning with no recollection of what happened and then in my y hypomania episodes i am very motivated and energised life is amazing i am capable of everything everyone is my best friend i am in control, i start up lots of new projects and i am very creative i sleep a lot less and my mind is always racing but these only last a week before i burn out and realise the mess i made between these episodes i also have periods of feeling 'normal' im just anxious that the psych will think these mood swings and highs and lows are normal and will prescribe me the wrong meds
I'm not a doctor, but make sure you tell the psychiatrist as much as you can about your thoughts/emotions - s/he'll be able to make a proper diagnosis and will ask you quite a lot of questions. Have you mentioned the delusional symptoms to CAMHS?
Reply 2
i dont think camhs 'officially' diagnose or tell you but usually keep something on their record and thank you will do :smile: and not yet im seeing my therapist tomorrow i always get anxious in case they dont believe me
Reply 3
CAMHS do diagnose - I was given diagnoses from them. I don't know the answers but I do think you should go and see the psychiatrist and see what they say. Make sure you are honest.

Quick Reply

Latest