The Student Room Group

Talking about your problems

Does anyone know if there are any free services where you can talk to a professional / someone about your problems without having to go through GP etc? Because it's probably not enough to bother the GP yet
Reply 1
Childline
Reply 3
i thought this was a thread where you could talk about your problems :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by ...imrah
i thought this was a thread where you could talk about your problems :frown:

You are more than welcome to talk about your problems if you want to :smile:
Nightline, although, I think that's the one for uni students? There's also saneline and Samaritans/
Reply 6
There are numerous online forums but they aren't usually run by health care professionals but are full of users with experience and are maybe in the same boat as you. I use NoMorePanic a lot and have found that to be very useful. There's numerous numbers you can call such as - Samaritans, Breathing Space, Mind etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thanks everyone
7cups is a pretty decent option. But Samaritans is the best in my opinion. You can phone, text, email and talk in person with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
7cups is a pretty decent option. But Samaritans is the best in my opinion. You can phone, text, email and talk in person with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have samaritans recently become free? Because I called them once and ended up with an extra £18 on top of my phone bill which was distressing to say the least.
Original post by SophieSmall
Have samaritans recently become free? Because I called them once and ended up with an extra £18 on top of my phone bill which was distressing to say the least.

Yeah it used to be an 0845 number but I think now it is a different number which is free. If you check their website, the new number should be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest