The Student Room Group

What to wear to an audition.

Hi.
I have an audition on Monday and was wondering how I should dress for it. I want to give the best possible image of myself as it's the uni I really want to go to.
What is it for?
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
Hi.
I have an audition on Monday and was wondering how I should dress for it. I want to give the best possible image of myself as it's the uni I really want to go to.

As you have labelled it an audition, I'm assuming you are hoping to get accepted to some kind of performing arts course at the uni?

If it is an audition for dancing, make sure you were something appropriate but equally comfortable for moving around in. If it is drama or singing and you are not moving around then again just make sure you dress appropriately, don't wear t-shirts with anything inappropriate written on them (like slang or swear words for example).

If however you actually mean an interview then just dress smartly like you are going for a job interview (So maybe wear a shirt and smart trousers instead of t-shirt and denim). But equally, don't try and be someone you're not in order to impress them, they want you to be honest with them because this is how they will assume you are naturally.

Hope that somewhat helps :smile:
Original post by mediageek123
As you have labelled it an audition, I'm assuming you are hoping to get accepted to some kind of performing arts course at the uni?

If it is an audition for dancing, make sure you were something appropriate but equally comfortable for moving around in. If it is drama or singing and you are not moving around then again just make sure you dress appropriately, don't wear t-shirts with anything inappropriate written on them (like slang or swear words for example).

If however you actually mean an interview then just dress smartly like you are going for a job interview (So maybe wear a shirt and smart trousers instead of t-shirt and denim). But equally, don't try and be someone you're not in order to impress them, they want you to be honest with them because this is how they will assume you are naturally.

Hope that somewhat helps :smile:

I should have included that It's an audition for a course where I shall be playing guitar. You reply has indeed been of help to me. Thank you :smile:
Original post by PAStudent1996
What is it for?

A music course where I shall be playing guitar.
A music course where I shall be playing guitar.

Ah I see, I'm not a musician myself but I have had Uni interviews before.

I'd say dress smart casual. Shirt, black jeans, smartish black/brown shoes. Black is always a safe colour. :smile:
I should have included that It's an audition for a course where I shall be playing guitar. You reply has indeed been of help to me. Thank you :smile:

You're welcome. Good luck, hope it goes well for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest