The Student Room Group

Player of Euro 2004 so far...

Whos your player of euro 2004 so far, I know we're not far in but think of this as a progressive thread.

I would give my vote to Ibrahimovic, an important goal vs Italy and showed a great footballing mind in the first match.
Also worth a mention is Rooney (only coz hes a young 'un) and Karagounis (instrumental in the greek midfield).

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yeh definetely rooney, and ronaldo's impressed me when hes played.
Reply 2
it's got to be Larsson for me!
Class!
Reply 3
chats
yeh definetely rooney, and ronaldo's impressed me when hes played.

I liked ronaldo and deco but they only got 2games between them so far, they should start on sunday though!
Reply 4
jumpunderaboat
I liked ronaldo and deco but they only got 2games between them so far, they should start on sunday though!

deco is quality, but he has been my flop of the tournament so far because he aint played great and he missed that chance. but if scolari gives him a chance to start then maybe he'll impress.
if ronaldo and deco play, who will be left out?
Reply 5
i think Joaquin of Spain will shine soon!
Reply 6
Larson, Zidane and Totti for spitting @ Christian Poulsen
Reply 7
Zidane, by a long shot!
Reply 8
I agree that Deco has been poor. Ronaldo, apart from the penalty he gave away, has been excellent. Sorenson had a great game against Italy, Etxeberria has been great for Spain too.

Zidane, by a long shot!

In that case, I'm gonna go for Heskey, by a long shot! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Anyone see Zidane throw up before the penalty?

They showed it after the Italy v Sweden match. The man has balls.
Reply 10
musiq

In that case, I'm gonna go for Heskey, by a long shot! :biggrin:

then he fluffs the ball into the stand just before he trips over himself.
jumpunderaboat
Whos your player of euro 2004 so far, I know we're not far in but think of this as a progressive thread.

I would give my vote to Ibrahimovic, an important goal vs Italy and showed a great footballing mind in the first match.
Also worth a mention is Rooney (only coz hes a young 'un) and Karagounis (instrumental in the greek midfield).

zidane all the way, man made the english and to an extent the cros look stupid. ronaldo, is way class and impressive, that man is one of the most skilful players on the pitch iv seen and is such a talent to watch. vicente has also played real good for spain and deco, has too made some good progress for the portugese.

every1 now is talkin about rooney, and yes his a good player but he aint all that, i mean his got such a temper i just feel like punshin him hard, i hate players like that, with out manners, mans got guts swearin at ppl 2ice the age of him. no manners. and wat other than pace and power has he got, put him in front of the brazilians and he'll look stupid, put him in front of the italian defence and the man wont no were to go, overall his not as good as ppl say he is, and you'll see that in future games.

p.s. owen has been such a disappointment, and my opinion scholes is the best england got, followed close my gerard and lampard
Reply 12
kingpong
Anyone see Zidane throw up before the penalty?

They showed it after the Italy v Sweden match. The man has balls.

why did zidane throw up?
Reply 13
piginapoke
He had a dodgy kebab before the match.

lol gazza never had that problem, infact he was still asking for more after his fifth

he cant be best player in the world if he cant take his kebab :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Sol Campbell.
Zinedine 'Zizou' Zidane. He is the best.
Reply 16
shiny
Sol Campbell.

Agreed. Been an absolute rock at the back.
dellas of greece has been solid.
ballack was brilliant in his first game too.
Reply 18
ibrahimovic
Reply 19
Ibrahimovic has been excellent, with his goals and so has Rooney, with his skill and goals.

But the player of the tournament so far has to go to Zidane.

His work-rate in both games so far has been excellent. Even though he scored against us, that free-kick showed just why he is seen as a world-class player and then those clever bits of skill and motivation of the team against Croatia make him the player that stands out in this tournament so far.

Latest

Trending

Trending