The Student Room Group

Holiday money

I'm going to Portugal next week with friends for 4 nights. We're going to be in the albufeira area but our accom is a bit far away so we may need to take some taxis at night. Is 250 euros enough??? Or should I add on some more
Original post by purplepod
I'm going to Portugal next week with friends for 4 nights. We're going to be in the albufeira area but our accom is a bit far away so we may need to take some taxis at night. Is 250 euros enough??? Or should I add on some more

250 euros for taxi trips are enough to come from one place to many another. If this sum of money is just planned for taxis only.
Original post by purplepod

We used an app called Bolt in Portugal a few weeks ago to book taxis (it's a bit like Uber). Didn't have to worry about cash as I signed up with a debit card. Because I was a new user we got discounts on all of our rides and it was very cheap. If you do this, check the overseas charges on your debit card (I use Chase as they don't charge transaction fees overseas).

Quick Reply

Latest