The Student Room Group

Cologne Police taunted by Syrian asylum seeker by saying, "Merkel invited us"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmashConcept
I don't think those things are really related, but saying bae unironically is a lot worse than liking a particular fruit.

Eh I quite like bae, now I've accidentally adopted it. Annoyed me to no end before though.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
Eh I quite like bae, now I've accidentally adopted it. Annoyed me to no end before though.
At least you have boobs to distract him from your vocabulary.
At least you have boobs to distract him from your vocabulary.

He liked it when i called him bae :wink:
He liked it when i called him bae :wink:

smh
smh

He's really hot, sure you can forgive him
He's really hot, sure you can forgive him

I don't know the smiley for this comment.
I don't know the smiley for this comment.

That saucy raised eyebrows one that I can't remember the code for, of course
That saucy raised eyebrows one that I can't remember the code for, of course

That wasn't what my face did when I read your post.
That wasn't what my face did when I read your post.

Definitely what my face does when I think about him :wink: either that or a disgusting expression of lurve.
Definitely what my face does when I think about him :wink: either that or a disgusting expression of lurve.

I'm starting to think this conversation has run its course.
I'm starting to think this conversation has run its course.

I feel you may be right. But that means I have no excuse to not get out of bed and get my washing - you were my means of procrastination, hence my prolonging of it.
I feel you may be right. But that means I have no excuse to not get out of bed and get my washing - you were my means of procrastination, hence my prolonging of it.

I feel used.
I feel used.

I apologise deeply.

By which I mean, you deserve it because it's all you do to women, you oppressive white man. As a feminist and a lefty, I naturally hold these views.
I apologise deeply.

By which I mean, you deserve it because it's all you do to women, you oppressive white man. As a feminist and a lefty, I naturally hold these views.

You've been out of control since TCA left.
You've been out of control since TCA left.

I need someone to tell me what bs I'm talking and how whatever I said is wrong
I need someone to tell me what bs I'm talking and how whatever I said is wrong

Talking to me and having a boyfriend at the same time is literally a violation of my rights.
Talking to me and having a boyfriend at the same time is literally a violation of my rights.

Not to mention bae's. I mean, I should've asked permission before even opening my browser.
Original post by Tawheed
1. Tiny minority of thugs responsible

Perhaps, but when you let in unlimited numbers you can end up with some sizeable 'tiny minorities', as witness these very events.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Holy ****, next thing you know you’ll be drawing your pension! :mmm:

Spoiler

I don't want to be 21 and Officially Adult I'm barely coping as it is (that's only half joking)

Your honour, I rest my case :judge:

It was all banter

For sure, but how did it get into our tiny minds in the first place?

Hmm I wonder how my respect for animals to the point that I follow a vegan lifestyle got into my mind... not all comes back to religion lovely

They don’t? :confused:

I've had that thrown at me by so many religious gals

Plot twist: then someone even older/more condescending came along and the superior weight of his information + argumentation usurped this laughable liberal's pithy preaching

Nah I just got angry with him and he soon came apologising :smug: never doubt the power of an angry, very stressed (he decided exam time was a perfect time for political 'debate' :tongue:), tired, unmedicated 20 year old. (also, you're only slightly older, he was 30 when we were a thang (don't judge))

I haven’t been following the story closely. Update me fam

Erm well here's a Die Welt article, if you run it through google translate you'll get information and amusing translations

Really? Remind me which political party has bent over backwards to accommodate Islamists? Wholesale immigration from relatively impoverished/archaic parts of the Muslim world, for political gains, and gender segregated public political meetings at the last election, ring any bells?:mute:

I've forgotten what I originally said and cba checking because I really need a wee and also need to clean my piercing because I keep forgetting it's there and touching it with disgusting keyboard hands but just saying I disagree with gender segregated meetings and that you can be a member of a party and not agree with every policy/thing they do (which someone the other day failed to understand so I'm just throwing in for safety)

1) Citation where he refused this please

2) It stands to reason that if a people who represent a threat to your security and way of life can be humanely accommodated elsewhere, in less disparate societies/distant lands, then a national leadership should avoid admitting said group, does it not? Granted this may be lost on a Labour supporter, given the record (touched on above) of New Labour, but.. ‘serve and protect’ mean anything to you?

He's so pasty

But that's the thing - they couldn't...
Erm, yes, it does (see above where I said you can be a member of a political party and still disagree with things it does...). Also, I wasn't a fan of New Labour and wouldn't have voted for them under Blair. I was only a wee baby when Blair first came to power... I was cuter back then.

I was referring to the general ‘anything goes’ spirit of Corbynite types, that should be pretty clear (apologies if not). I’ll repeat the essential question:

“Will you join me in congratulating them for helping to keep us/our women safe?”

Sorry, just wasn't clear for me. Oi, I voted Corbyn, I ain't like the crazies :no:
I don't think I can, tbh. Because what he's/the government may have done for women re: refugees it's undone in many other areas. Safer from sexual attacks, yes. Safer economically etc.? No, sorry.

Have I ever given you the impression I believe you’re incapable of doing well/good? My argumentation may be fierce, and my style self-assured in the extreme, but it’s not personal/a reflection on you :hippie:

Mhmm :frown:

Have you studied the Economics of crime e.g. police numbers vs. reported crime over the past few decades? :holmes: (I have)

Mama's an ex-CPS prosecutor and works for the coroner's service now, in direct contact with everyone's favourite police force, GMP. She ~knows~

That blows. Buy Sharpe box set. You can thank me later. (Seany :love:)

Buy? What is this word? I am student. I am poor.

The Lives of Others

Yasssss Das Leben der Anderen, amazing film. Watched it over and over for my A Level and still love it - mark of a good work, that.

I forgive you :h:

You are so gracious, O Eternal Overlord :wink:

Jebus doesn’t care what you think, he’ll shove himself wherever he likes :jebus:

Spoiler

Jebus can butt the **** out of my bathroom. No one wants to watch someone shave their legs. It's just not attractive.

You fail to understand that Christ is an inspirational character, a virtuous leader the likes of which we simply haven’t seen since; not all people with some of those virtues are terribly concerned with Jesus, for sure, but you cannot argue with that fact and it is integral to understanding those values/virtues within our society, given its Judeo-Christian heritage

But he ain't for me and many other atheists. His relevance is diminishing evermore.

They’re his partner and his inlaws, you can call it his family if you like, and I won’t labour the point as it’s personal, but self-evidently they’re not his blood relatives

...I'd be pretty worried if they were his blood relatives. Urgh. Regardless, in the eyes of the law, we are family

I like their system too, we had a German guy who was a carer for a disabled student at uni that’s part of what inspired me to posit such a policy, however it should not be voluntary in my view, we cannot rely on altruism in the age of predominant #MeFirst youth culture

Germans are great (mostly. Their uni system is the bane of my bloody life)
Rude

Code for: the condescending git irritates me but I just can't get enough of his politically incorrect spiel :coma:

Nah, you're fun to play with.

Lies are for the weak minded/willed

Lies are for those who don't want to admit to their mother that they met bae online :innocent:
Original post by balanced
Most of the 'refugees' (which would be safe in France, therefore they are illegal economic migrants) in Calais have high-end phones.

Whether they're safe in France has no bearing on whether or not they are refugees, unless they are offered French citizenship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending