The Student Room Group

France Calais border?

Driving to France with my boyfriend for our holiday. I’ve looked on the entry requirements and it’s actually a lot - have to have proof of accommodation ( which we have and it’s paid for) but also have to prove you have enough money to be there. Which we do, but also we are in our overdrafts ( arranged overdrafts but have enough money if that makes sense)

Will they deny us entry if they see we are negative numbers?! Do they actually check this info? I’ve never seen that happen when I’ve flown to France.

I’m just asking if anyone’s driven recently what was the security like?
Reply 1
Original post by Amydesigns1104
Driving to France with my boyfriend for our holiday. I’ve looked on the entry requirements and it’s actually a lot - have to have proof of accommodation ( which we have and it’s paid for) but also have to prove you have enough money to be there. Which we do, but also we are in our overdrafts ( arranged overdrafts but have enough money if that makes sense)

Will they deny us entry if they see we are negative numbers?! Do they actually check this info? I’ve never seen that happen when I’ve flown to France.

I’m just asking if anyone’s driven recently what was the security like?

I'm sure you'll be fine. Thousands of people go to Europe from the UK. I can't help but feel these rules are set to serve as a reason to deny entry to people they don't like the look of, namely migrants and asylum seekers. They want you, because you are going to spend your overdraft and leave.

Quick Reply

Latest