The Student Room Group

Cologne Police taunted by Syrian asylum seeker by saying, "Merkel invited us"

Scroll to see replies

That's Merkel's fault... mass immigration is always bad.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Ohyeah, I'm sure all those thugs, and those in Calais, are soo highly educated...

Christ on a bike. All I said was that having a good phone or whatever doesn't mean you weren't forced out of your home. Read the thread a bit before commenting...
Original post by DiddyDec
I think the solution to this is armed police with rubber bullets, beanbag rounds and tear gas.

I agree to an extent, it's just how would you avoid innocent people caught up in it?
Original post by Cato the Elder
Send these savages back to where they came from. If they refuse, shoot them.

I'm not such a fan of the shooting part but if you can prove they're guilty then 100% agree with sending them back.
I think the solution to this is armed police with rubber bullets, beanbag rounds and tear gas.

To target immigrants? Ridiculous
Original post by Yidi Amin
I agree.

This is the major reason the ruling classes are fairly unconcerned about the problems being caused, it makes them money and they don't care about the fall-out.

Oh, they care about the fall out but they direct it towards those who are not to blame.

It's easy to look down on typical EDL supports as dumb chavs and maybe they are, but they are only like that because it's their communities which have been ruined by multiculturalism and not those of people such as myself (in fact)

Multiculturalism hasn't' destroyed anything, prejudice (a lack of interaction) and individualism (of which capitalism is a large factor) has.
Original post by Yidi Amin
Neville Chamberlain was a lefty who thought he could appease the far right

Ah yes, Mr. Chamberlain, that well-known Labour politi- oh, wait. Conservative politician :wink:
Imo the policy of appeasement was less to do with right-wing/left-wing politics and more to do with the unwillingness of everyone to go to war due to memories of WWI and the fact we weren't really ready for war but that's a different topic haha
Original post by Johann von Gauss

No, to target criminals. Innocent migrants should be left - they're innocent.

To target mass criminals. Considering they were in their 1000s it is the ideal way to break up a crowd and stop them from doing what they were doing or were planning on doing to those poor women.
Original post by abruiseonthesky
No, to target criminals. Innocent migrants should be left - they're innocent.

I'd hope so, but these ignorant right wingers can't seem to distinguish between the two...
If they're brown shoot'em down? I kid.

If they step out of line, shoot them. I think the well trained and already armed police of Germany will know when it is appropriate to use crowd suppression gear.

Oi, I'm kinda brown :wink: (I got asked again today if I'm Turkish, Germany loves me)

Generally agree, but what about in cases like Cologne when they're surrounding innocent people?
Where the hell do you find these people, I've had a lot of asian muslim friends and none of them have been as bad as this.
I'd hope so, but these ignorant right wingers can't seem to distinguish between the two...

Yes because the whole of the police force is right-wing and every right-winger is ignorant... that's as annoying as those 'all lefties are evil/naive/ignorant' statements

it's irrelevant here. I'd hope the German police (and tbh believe) would be a lot more moderate and sensible with the use of armed weapons/force generally than, say, the US police. Given they'd most likely be more moderated about their use, they probably wouldn't go after innocent people anyway (if any of that made sense :tongue:)
Reply 73
i think this is all fake 1000 refugee all out at the same time shame these werent refugees they were belgium french and dutch nationals in germany and germany national why do u think they are classed as refugee just cause they are all brown the media is lying, these are ur own not refugees. u are so easily brainwahsed
I stopped reading this thread when I saw that the first three sources in this thread were from the Daily Mail.
Original post by CloakedSpartan
I stopped reading this thread when I saw that the first three sources in this thread were from the Daily Mail.

Thanks for that non-generalising, open-minded contribution.
Original post by Gul89
i think this is all fake 1000 refugee all out at the same time shame these werent refugees they were belgium french and dutch nationals in germany and germany national why do u think they are classed as refugee just cause they are all brown the media is lying, these are ur own not refugees. u are so easily brainwahsed

Source? "I think" doesn't qualify as evidence.
Oh of course, I just wondered because, as you can see in the US a lot, the use of force can quickly get out of hand. I just wondered what your thoughts on control and appropriate use would be/how innocent people would be protected.

Considering that the every German police officer is armed with a lethal firearm, it wouldn't concern me at all to give them non-lethal firearms.
Considering that the every German police officer is armed with a lethal firearm, it wouldn't concern me at all to give them non-lethal firearms.

Are they? Didn't know what.
Are they? Didn't know what.

Most police on the continent are armed with side arms.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending