The Student Room Group

Books/Novels for computer science!

Hello,

I am interested in doing computer science at University and would like to expand my knowledge and understand of the subject. Does anyone have any recommended books or material that will help me?

Many thanks!

Owen
I am currently reading: Turing's Cathedral - The origins of the digital universe.
My Physics tutor recommended it and from what i have read so far it seems quite good.
He says that it gets quite deep towards the end - It goes into AI and when does a machine become conscious of itself. Should be good :smile:

- EDIT. This book is more background reading of computing as a whole. You wont actually learn anything practical. You should still read it though :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Owen_Tech_Vint
Hello,

I am interested in doing computer science at University and would like to expand my knowledge and understand of the subject. Does anyone have any recommended books or material that will help me?

Many thanks!

Owen

Learn Python the Hard Way
Automate the Boring Stuff with Python
CS50X
Coursera/EdX Tutorials

avoid thenewboston and those type of tutorials, where they use programming as functions and don't really explain or go into detail as to what each aspect can be used for or how it can be applied into different areas.
Three words - Gödel, Escher, Bach.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending