The Student Room Group

idk what to do kk

I turned 18 years old in February, and since then, I haven't done much besides staying on my computer, trying to figure things out. I've read some books (mostly unfinished, to be honest), and I've learned a few things, but I'm not sure what to do with my life. I'm interested in psychology and neuroscience, and I've been considering getting a degree in those fields. Also, I'm also interested in digital marketing, and I've been exploring that as well. I've started writing a novel too.

However, I feel like I'm stuck in the same place. It's as if I'm just existing and can't seem to stop daydreaming.

The only thing that drives me is a commitment to create something impactful and original, whether it's the book I mentioned, a groundbreaking innovation, or something entirely different. I don't know exactly what it will be, but I'm trying to seek out new ideas to bring something fresh into the world... which brings me to "I haven't done much besides staying on my computer"

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? What did you guys do to overcome them??
Reply 1
Get yourself out of the house and involved in other people's lives; if you want to make an impact volunteer in the community or with a youth organisation or a charity. Might not be the grand gesture you seem to be talking about, but you can make a difference!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Get yourself out of the house and involved in other people's lives; if you want to make an impact volunteer in the community or with a youth organisation or a charity. Might not be the grand gesture you seem to be talking about, but you can make a difference!

Maybe you're right, thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by 1505
Maybe you're right, thanks!

It doesn't mean you have to give up on your ambitions, but you need some motivation to go out and be sociable, and helping other can give a sense of perspective. You could offer your services and end up taking some things in a different direction, eg being creative and using digital marketing to promote a charity or local events. I got a full-time job out of volunteering!
I totally agree, sounds like you just need to create a movement in your life by opening yourself to more possibilities. Spread yourself more, contribute wherever possible - it'll boost your confidence as well as get you in a productive "rhythm". Making a habit of being busy is often the cure when you start to feel lost in a loop of time-wasting activities
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest