The Student Room Group

Do u guys ever feel that fruit is actually bad for you. Is the government and big fru

Poll

do you think fruit is bad for you

It is not right that they pretend it is good for you. it isnot scientifically as they have sugar in them and i read in many places thatsugar is the most unhealthy part of our diet. How can they lie this blatantly
Exactly, I'm so ahead of the curve I never eat fruit. #Dyingontheinside
Original post by joey11223
Exactly, I'm so ahead of the curve I never eat fruit. #Dyingontheinside

i just realised the lies the big fruit companies had been feeding us. No pun intended. Do you agree that fruit is not suitable for human consumption
Original post by FNAF-ATHIEST2
i just realised the lies the big fruit companies had been feeding us. No pun intended. Do you agree that fruit is not suitable for human consumption

Tbf I just don't like the texture of any fruit really, I'll drink juice (which is high in sugar too lol) but not consume actual fruit.

I do agree though that we're probably better off eating vegetables not fruit, I mean apples for example are pretty nutritionally useless, I was surprised just how little Vitamin content they have tbh as I assumed when I drank apple juice I got something, but you barely get any Vitamin C compared to your supposed daily requirement. It's basically a ball of water with 10% sugar, everything else is pretty much 1-2% of your requirements.

I don't carrot all
Original post by DiceTheSlice
I don't carrot all

I don't see what carrots have to do with anything veg is healthy and fruit is the physical embodiment of deception
The sugar from fruit is only bad if you don't exercise often.

As a whole the benefits outweigh the negatives. Great source of nutrition and energy
It is not right that they pretend it is good for you. it isnot scientifically as they have sugar in them and i read in many places thatsugar is the most unhealthy part of our diet. How can they lie this blatantly

Vegetables contain sugar too. You are making an oversimplification.

Per 100g, Limes contain 1.69g of sugars.

By contrast, 100g of raw yellow sweetcorn contains 6.26g of sugars

So from above we can see that a vegetable (sweetcorn) contains more sugar than a fruit (lime). The figures I got are from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Original post by The Epicurean
Vegetables contain sugar too. You are making an oversimplification.

Per 100g, Limes contain 1.69g of sugars.

By contrast, 100g of raw yellow sweetcorn contains 6.26g of sugars

So from above we can see that a vegetable (sweetcorn) contains more sugar than a fruit (lime). The figures I got are from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

You have proved my point limes contain less than sweetcorn both are veg so whre is your point??

You're a sheep if you believe we even have to eat.

Spoiler

Sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from fruit, cake, pop, chocolate.
I was pissed when I found this out.
You have proved my point limes contain less than sweetcorn both are veg so whre is your point??

Limes are a citrus fruit. Sweetcorn is a vegetable. But if you are gonna be silly, here are more examples where we have vegetables containing almost twice as much sugar as fruit:

Fruits:
Raw cranberries contain 4.27 grams of sugar per 100g
Raw raspberries contain 4.42 grams of sugar per 100g
Raw blackberries contain 4.88 grams of sugar per 100g

Vegetables:
Raw Jerusalem-artichokes contain 9.60 grams of sugar per 100g
Raw Chicory root contains 8.73 grams of sugar per 100g
Boiled beets contain 7.96 grams of sugar per 100g
Pretty sure you need that sugar for your body to function properly.

I guess you could say a-pear-ances can be deceiving.
Reply 14

Its the fructose in sugars that is bad for you and "However… this is completely wrong, because fructose is only harmful in large amounts and it is almost impossible to overeat fructose by eating fruit."

therefore fruit is not bad for you!
Their are many vitamins that are good for your health in fruit there are none in sugary sweets and other treats except fortified which still isn't as good as naturally sourced vitamins. Kids will always want a sweet treat in fruit there is fibre, vitamins and minerals and the sugars that are in the fruits will sustain a child for a while during their active hours at school therefore it's stupid to say OMG there is sugar in fruit it is bad for us there's sugars in most foods you eat. It's about a varied diet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending