The Student Room Group

lia's path to becoming an academic weapon!

hi there. i'm lia and i do geography, psychology and english literature, alongside an EPQ which i am heavily procrastinating.. another thing i aim to change.

i'm in year 12 and i've just done some mid-year exams. when i put the percentages against 2019 grade boundaries, it looks a little like BBB. while these aren't bad bad grades, i want to push myself so that the lowest grades for me to be getting are A's.

i go to an all girl's grammar, plus i came in as an external so there's a large feeling of : everyone else knows what they're doing!! because of the driven mindset people have and also their familiarity with the school.

in the last week or so, i've been trying to speak to my teachers more. especially in geography which for the first few months has been my worst subject... now that i've become more comfortable speaking to them and asking them for help, i feel more confident about continuing to do so in the future!! i really recommend it. i set up a meeting with one of my teachers, trying to sort out the best way to approach a 20 mark essay and i also handed in a different essay for my other teacher to mark - a redo of the one i did in my exam.

seeing improvement in my answers physically marked by my teacher is so rewarding! i went from 11/20 in this essay (about factors affecting the storm hydrograph in a river basin i have studied -for me this is the exe) to 17/20. i find that once you show your commitment to improving, even just a little bit, your rapport with your teacher improves and its soooo much easier to ask for more feedback.

i've got about 6 things to do on my to-do list tonight,,, and it's 9:20 pm. i never have productive nights like these so wish me luck !

i'm also waiting to hear back about potentially progressing to round 3 of the british psychology olympiad. it's funny, because i absolutely bombed my exam for psych and here i am doing extra comps...,,,, lol. the next round would be incredibly difficult to get to so i'm not placing all my bets on it, but it's been enlightening all the same :smile:

i'm thinking of posting once every few days or once a week to just update on my progress or revision strategies, just so i ensure i am actually working towards these. i think that by posting, it will remind me to actually do something worth posting about!

have a good day :biggrin:
lia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flyingturtle111
hi there. i'm lia and i do geography, psychology and english literature, alongside an EPQ which i am heavily procrastinating.. another thing i aim to change.

i'm in year 12 and i've just done some mid-year exams. when i put the percentages against 2019 grade boundaries, it looks a little like BBB. while these aren't bad bad grades, i want to push myself so that the lowest grades for me to be getting are A's.

i go to an all girl's grammar, plus i came in as an external so there's a large feeling of : everyone else knows what they're doing!! because of the driven mindset people have and also their familiarity with the school.

in the last week or so, i've been trying to speak to my teachers more. especially in geography which for the first few months has been my worst subject... now that i've become more comfortable speaking to them and asking them for help, i feel more confident about continuing to do so in the future!! i really recommend it. i set up a meeting with one of my teachers, trying to sort out the best way to approach a 20 mark essay and i also handed in a different essay for my other teacher to mark - a redo of the one i did in my exam.

seeing improvement in my answers physically marked by my teacher is so rewarding! i went from 11/20 in this essay (about factors affecting the storm hydrograph in a river basin i have studied -for me this is the exe) to 17/20. i find that once you show your commitment to improving, even just a little bit, your rapport with your teacher improves and its soooo much easier to ask for more feedback.

i've got about 6 things to do on my to-do list tonight,,, and it's 9:20 pm. i never have productive nights like these so wish me luck !

i'm also waiting to hear back about potentially progressing to round 3 of the british psychology olympiad. it's funny, because i absolutely bombed my exam for psych and here i am doing extra comps...,,,, lol. the next round would be incredibly difficult to get to so i'm not placing all my bets on it, but it's been enlightening all the same :smile:

i'm thinking of posting once every few days or once a week to just update on my progress or revision strategies, just so i ensure i am actually working towards these. i think that by posting, it will remind me to actually do something worth posting about!

lia
Hiyaaa and welcome to GYG. I also take psychology and an EPQ which is also heavily neglected by me lmaoo. Your grades are amazing for the mocks you have just done compared to the ones I got which were horrific however I am planning to turn it around. You could always check out my gyg too. Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room. But yes I will love to follow along with you and wish you the best babe as a fellow gyg rat.

Just tagging some members that might be interested : @emm4nuella @study23! @milktee @AspiringSurvivor @halfharry @kayleigh_t.27 @heartz4moushi @erin11 @wkstudy @flowersinmyhair @MysteryyyGirl86 @agent_duck343 I think that might be everyone but knowing me I left someone out

lia
heyaaaa welcome to grow your grades! if you want to follow my one, here is the link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7404622
Heyyy
thanks @Tatakae L for tagging me 🩶
Good luuck with your sixth form jounrney xx
I'm looking to do geograohy and an epq so it will be interseting to see how it goes xx
Ahh I go to an all girls grammar school and although it might seem like we are all quite driven it is also really welcoming and I think that often the external students have a more driven mindest bc they have had to work harder to get into that sixth form than the internal students so dw about it xx
Also here is my GYG if you want to have a look xx https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398188&p=99196084#post99196084
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy
I'm looking to do geograohy and an epq so it will be interseting to see how it goes xx
Ahh I go to an all girls grammar school and although it might seem like we are all quite driven it is also really welcoming and I think that often the external students have a more driven mindest bc they have had to work harder to get into that sixth form than the internal students so dw about it xx
Also here is my GYG if you want to have a look xx https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7398188&p=99196084#post99196084
np love and that is so cool lmao, ive always been to my bog standard area schools till I got into my sixth form and even then its like a catchement one for the rich town kids but its fun.
Original post by Tatakae L

lia
Hiyaaa and welcome to GYG. I also take psychology and an EPQ which is also heavily neglected by me lmaoo. Your grades are amazing for the mocks you have just done compared to the ones I got which were horrific however I am planning to turn it around. You could always check out my gyg too. Tatakae L's GYG Journey - The Student Room. But yes I will love to follow along with you and wish you the best babe as a fellow gyg rat.

Just tagging some members that might be interested : @emm4nuella @study23! @milktee @AspiringSurvivor @halfharry @kayleigh_t.27 @heartz4moushi @erin11 @wkstudy @flowersinmyhair @MysteryyyGirl86 @agent_duck343 I think that might be everyone but knowing me I left someone out

omg thank you so so so much!! my next EPQ deadline is friday so i need to do something ahahaha. im doing it on a topic im not rly that interested anymore degree wise or career wise so im a bit demotivated:frown: whats urs on?
tysm!! im sure you didnt do awfully, plus the fact ur on here shows ur motivated and willing to put in active work anyway so all that matters now is what we do with thr tests weve gotten back!thanks so much for all the pagesx im still wrapping my head arounf how to use this so its so helpful to find newblogs< 3333 ill defo check out urs !!!!
Original post by agent_duck343
Heyyy

heyyy <3 so glad ur here! i really recommend geography, it is so so interesting! i just find it difficult sometimes in terms of exam technique but otherwise i go to every lesson so so interested !! love it. best of luck to you, im guessing ur doing ur gcses soon! and yeahhh its honestly funny bc i used to go to a different all girls grammar but i feel like here its another level they seem so motivated hahaja !! but honestly, its nice to see, it is wuite inspiring <3 and it makes sense what you said abt externals for sureee a lot of my external friends are acedmic weapons lololo. ill check out ur blog!!

omg thank you so so so much!! my next EPQ deadline is friday so i need to do something ahahaha. im doing it on a topic im not rly that interested anymore degree wise or career wise so im a bit demotivated:frown: whats urs on?
tysm!! im sure you didnt do awfully, plus the fact ur on here shows ur motivated and willing to put in active work anyway so all that matters now is what we do with thr tests weve gotten back!thanks so much for all the pagesx im still wrapping my head arounf how to use this so its so helpful to find newblogs< 3333 ill defo check out urs !!!!ahh np babe, we here in gyg litteraly engulf any newbie in a huge hug basically lmao. I am acc doing my epq on euthansia plans and assisted suicdes, hbu?
and girlie pops i did terrible but im trying to turn it around. I got a CCD which is horror. AND DO, there is so many and theyre way better than mine lmaoo <3

lia
heheh i went to an all girls grammar...HATED ITTT

thanks gal🫶
thanks @Tatakae L for tagging me :smile:

Welcome to gyg and good luck on your studies this year !! I also do geography this year and will be picking higher psych next year ❤️😊

lia
Heya! I take alevel psychology and english literature (both aqa). What are your exam boards? Give me a shout if you need any help with anything 🙂

lia
OMG HEYY glad to see you've made a gyg, welcomeee 🤍🤍 being in y12 and already getting those grades is actually amazingg, you should be proud of yourself <3
omg i go to an all girls grammar school asw!! my school also has a sixth form so i'm glad to not be an external but at the same time, most people manage to get used to the school as an external in a short period of time, so i'm sure it'll be fine for you in due coursee
ooo the british psychology olympiad, i've never heard of it before but it sounds sick 💪💪
looking forward to your updates 🤞 since everyone is self advertising haha, i might asw link my gyg too 🤍: my gcse adventure
and thanks @Tatakae L for the tag <333
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by milktee
OMG HEYY glad to see you've made a gyg, welcomeee 🤍🤍 being in y12 and already getting those grades is actually amazingg, you should be proud of yourself <3
omg i go to an all girls grammar school asw!! my school also has a sixth form so i'm glad to not be an external but at the same time, most people manage to get used to the school as an external in a short period of time, so i'm sure it'll be fine for you in due coursee
ooo the british psychology olympiad, i've never heard of it before but it sounds sick 💪💪
looking forward to your updates 🤞 since everyone is self advertising haha, i might asw link my gyg too 🤍: my gcse adventure
anytime my love, ALSO WHY IS THERE SO MANY ALL GIRLS GRAMMER SCHOOL GIRLIES, am I one of the brokies lmaoooo

tysm!! im sure you didnt do awfully, plus the fact ur on here shows ur motivated and willing to put in active work anyway so all that matters now is what we do with thr tests weve gotten back!thanks so much for all the pagesx im still wrapping my head arounf how to use this so its so helpful to find newblogs< 3333 ill defo check out urs !!!!
ahh np babe, we here in gyg litteraly engulf any newbie in a huge hug basically lmao. I am acc doing my epq on euthansia plans and assisted suicdes, hbu?
and girlie pops i did terrible but im trying to turn it around. I got a CCD which is horror. AND DO, there is so many and theyre way better than mine lmaoo <3

im doing mine on should voting be mandatory in the uk? i wish i did a psychology topic but yeahhh im gonna explore stuff like psychological reasons why ppl dont vote/shoukdnt have to and also the fact that countries that have it as mandatory impose sanctions which can really affect someones life financially. idek LOL. urs sounds super interesting <3 honestly its okay its not like these are the real thing, and i can feeel the motivation thru the screen hehehe ur gonna be fine <3 we r all here to motivate eachother too!
Original post by wkstudy
thanks @Tatakae L for tagging me :smile:

Welcome to gyg and good luck on your studies this year !! I also do geography this year and will be picking higher psych next year ❤️😊

thank you!! omg great taste in subjects if i do say so myself 😍😍
Original post by kayleigh_t.27

lia
Heya! I take alevel psychology and english literature (both aqa). What are your exam boards? Give me a shout if you need any help with anything 🙂

omg same both of mine are aqa!! for english lit i do aqa lit b AA which is tragedy and crime hbu ? thank u sm <3
Original post by milktee

lia

HIYAAAA! thank you ur so sweet!! ive definitely settled in faster than i thought i would, thanks to the nice girls here too :smile: ill defo keep updating on the psychology olympiad! im not expecting to get very far as im up against child prodigies looool but itll be fun all the same! i just have to figure out this site first bc idek what im doing 🤣🤣. i love seeing all these blogs urs is so nice!
Original post by milktee
anytime my love, ALSO WHY IS THERE SO MANY ALL GIRLS GRAMMER SCHOOL GIRLIES, am I one of the brokies lmaoooo

LOOOL theres so many that one of us is bound to be at the same schl

HIYAAAA! thank you ur so sweet!! ive definitely settled in faster than i thought i would, thanks to the nice girls here too :smile: ill defo keep updating on the psychology olympiad! im not expecting to get very far as im up against child prodigies looool but itll be fun all the same! i just have to figure out this site first bc idek what im doing 🤣🤣. i love seeing all these blogs urs is so nice!
that's absolutely great to hearrr, and yess i'd love to hear how the olympiad is going!! ahah as long as it's fun that's all that matters 🤞
don't worry it took me so long to get used to the site asw 😭😭 aw thank youuu <33
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending