The Student Room Group

i need help with my revision

I can't seem to be focussed enough to revise and now I'm trying my best to do so but it just won't happen. Please can someone help and give advice. Especially on how to revise for Science.
Use flashcards! Seriously, it works! :smile:
Original post by Amenahh
I can't seem to be focussed enough to revise and now I'm trying my best to do so but it just won't happen. Please can someone help and give advice. Especially on how to revise for Science.

Method of revision:
- mindmaps
- teaching others
- recording yourself and listening back to it
- repeating things aloud
- revising with classmates
- drawing diagrams
- making a song of it
- a silly story to help it stick
- making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
- writing things over and over again
- using colour

Make a list of all the topics, prioritise them by ordering in terms of which you need more help with/need more time to go over, then tackle each one

If there is something you're particularly stuck on, ask the teacher for help!

Get practise from exam and practise questions! It will help to reinforce things and find your weaker areas.

Good luck!
Reply 3
www.my-gcsescienceThe website has really saved me. The first units are all free but you should sign up as they are listed in order so easy to work out what you've done. Its about £50 to access all the videos for all the 3 units for all the sciences but you can track your progress, print his notes and each video has a few exam questions at the end. Since watching my grades have really improves and now I'm getting A's in all my test so aiming for A*'s. most of our year have signed up as our teachers recommended the website. Also for me I just seem to be a visual learner. I'm also watching revision videos for History

Quick Reply

Latest