Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i need help with my revision Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to be focussed enough to revise and now I'm trying my best to do so but it just won't happen. Please can someone help and give advice. Especially on how to revise for Science.

ReputationRep:
    Use flashcards! Seriously, it works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amenahh)
    I can't seem to be focussed enough to revise and now I'm trying my best to do so but it just won't happen. Please can someone help and give advice. Especially on how to revise for Science.
    Method of revision:
    - mindmaps
    - teaching others
    - recording yourself and listening back to it
    - repeating things aloud
    - revising with classmates
    - drawing diagrams
    - making a song of it
    - a silly story to help it stick
    - making notes from textbook then summarising those further into your own words (try having a limit on number of words to stick to key points)
    - writing things over and over again
    - using colour

Make a list of all the topics, prioritise them by ordering in terms of which you need more help with/need more time to go over, then tackle each one

If there is something you're particularly stuck on, ask the teacher for help!

Get practise from exam and practise questions! It will help to reinforce things and find your weaker areas.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    www.my-gcsescienceThe website has really saved me. The first units are all free but you should sign up as they are listed in order so easy to work out what you've done. Its about £50 to access all the videos for all the 3 units for all the sciences but you can track your progress, print his notes and each video has a few exam questions at the end. Since watching my grades have really improves and now I'm getting A's in all my test so aiming for A*'s. most of our year have signed up as our teachers recommended the website. Also for me I just seem to be a visual learner. I'm also watching revision videos for History

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.