The Student Room Group

History A level,OCR- Pitt to Peel,Russia

Hiya, I recently failed my Year 12 mock for history and I really want to get at least a C in the next one; I believe I struggle tremendously with revision techniques. What would be best recommended? I'm in serious need. Thank you
Reply 1
To improve your history mock result, focus on effective revision techniques. Create a study schedule, use concise notes, practice past papers, and seek help from teachers or peers. Regular, focused study sessions with breaks can boost retention and understanding, increasing your chances of achieving a C grade or higher.Concept and mind maps are powerful revision tools. Concept maps visualize relationships between ideas, while mind maps organize information hierarchically. Use colors, keywords, and images to enhance memory retention. These visual aids help grasp complex topics, identify knowledge gaps, and promote active learning, leading to more effective and efficient studying.
Reply 2
Original post by enjoyable-exclus
Hiya, I recently failed my Year 12 mock for history and I really want to get at least a C in the next one; I believe I struggle tremendously with revision techniques. What would be best recommended? I'm in serious need. Thank you

Tell us how you've been revising so far. Lots of the techniques we're told to use in class don't work for many and we have to create our own. What've you been doing in terms of revision - and are you sure you have been taught well/accessed all the materials you need? You might just need some new ideas to help you to devise your own personal methods of revision!!
Reply 3
I did both of these units, my advice is essay plans. They are a great revision method - I'd recommend doing them with the notes to start with and slowly shift to without your notes. This year both the Russia and Pitt-Peel questions were ones that had been previous questions. I have a massive spreadsheet with all the questions I could find for both Russia (1894 - 1941) and Pitt- Peel (it also includes the USA civil rights topic). If you're interested let me know and I'll send you a copy of it.

Also do focus on your coursework when you start it. Its 20% (40 marks) of your grade and for a C you need around 50% (100 marks) in total, so its a significant portion of your grade.
Original post by J.W.O
I did both of these units, my advice is essay plans. They are a great revision method - I'd recommend doing them with the notes to start with and slowly shift to without your notes. This year both the Russia and Pitt-Peel questions were ones that had been previous questions. I have a massive spreadsheet with all the questions I could find for both Russia (1894 - 1941) and Pitt- Peel (it also includes the USA civil rights topic). If you're interested let me know and I'll send you a copy of it.

Also do focus on your coursework when you start it. Its 20% (40 marks) of your grade and for a C you need around 50% (100 marks) in total, so its a significant portion of your grade.

Hello, this was helpful, it would be greatly appreciated if you'd send those to me. Thank you
Original post by Zebhare
Tell us how you've been revising so far. Lots of the techniques we're told to use in class don't work for many and we have to create our own. What've you been doing in terms of revision - and are you sure you have been taught well/accessed all the materials you need? You might just need some new ideas to help you to devise your own personal methods of revision!!

Currently I'm focusing a significant part of my holiday to my coursework Nazi Germany 1933-1939;However, Ive just been going through class resources which include the content in booklets and make flashcards but I dont think its been effectiive at all
Original post by Agrann
To improve your history mock result, focus on effective revision techniques. Create a study schedule, use concise notes, practice past papers, and seek help from teachers or peers. Regular, focused study sessions with breaks can boost retention and understanding, increasing your chances of achieving a C grade or higher.Concept and mind maps are powerful revision tools. Concept maps visualize relationships between ideas, while mind maps organize information hierarchically. Use colors, keywords, and images to enhance memory retention. These visual aids help grasp complex topics, identify knowledge gaps, and promote active learning, leading to more effective and efficient studying.

Thank you very much.
Reply 7
Original post by enjoyable-exclus
Hello, this was helpful, it would be greatly appreciated if you'd send those to me. Thank you

It should be attached to this message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending