The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T-Osiris
Does anyone remember what the 2016 questions for psya3: gender, relationships and sleep and bio rhythms were? Or know of a way to find out?

For gender it was gender schema theory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elle_w
For gender it was gender schema theory.

Cheers Elle
Hey, i'm retaking both PSYA3 and PSYA4 but cant seem to find a thread? I was wondering if anyone else was taking these exams this year?

Also, if anybody else in this thread could please share their notes or tips that would be very appreciated :smile:
Original post by SharinganShahz
Hey, i'm retaking both PSYA3 and PSYA4 but cant seem to find a thread? I was wondering if anyone else was taking these exams this year?

Also, if anybody else in this thread could please share their notes or tips that would be very appreciated :smile:

I'm also doing both these exam! Only starting revision now! Seems late to me and don't think there's enough time 😨 How are you feeling? How much have you learnt so far?
Original post by Johnsmith345
I'm also doing both these exam! Only starting revision now! Seems late to me and don't think there's enough time 😨 How are you feeling? How much have you learnt so far?

I'm repeating as well and I've been devoting my time to PSYA3 mainly, because the volume of work I have to learn for it is daunting 😱 I have my essays for Aggression pretty much down, but I still have to learn Eating Behaviours and Gender off, which is stressful.
Last year I stupidly went off those Loopa predictions, none of which came up (I'm smart, I know). I definitely won't be making the same mistake this year. EVERY essay will be learned. 🙄
Original post by Craffertyful
I'm repeating as well and I've been devoting my time to PSYA3 mainly, because the volume of work I have to learn for it is daunting 😱 I have my essays for Aggression pretty much down, but I still have to learn Eating Behaviours and Gender off, which is stressful.
Last year I stupidly went off those Loopa predictions, none of which came up (I'm smart, I know). I definitely won't be making the same mistake this year. EVERY essay will be learned. 🙄

I've learnt 2 and half essays so far (great I know 😨) but I'm in the exact same position - went off loopa last year, big mistake!

I'm aiming for an A* this year - I got a B last year and that was when I didn't know any of the essays so made everything up😂 Literally studies and fact and statistics lol

How long are your essays on average and how long does it take you to learn one?
I've learnt 2 and half essays so far (great I know 😨) but I'm in the exact same position - went off loopa last year, big mistake!

I'm aiming for an A* this year - I got a B last year and that was when I didn't know any of the essays so made everything up😂 Literally studies and fact and statistics lol

How long are your essays on average and how long does it take you to learn one?

I was predicted an A and ended up with a U in PSYA3 because I sat there staring at the exam sheet thinking "well, I know absolutely none of these" instead of doing what you did and getting at least something down on paper. Barely filled 3 pages 😓

My essays are roughly 6 pages each, and I'm trying to learn by recording myself reading each one aloud then listening to it back while reading through. Slow process, lol. What about you? Any tips?
If anyone wants any general advice let me know

I got an A* in psychology - 98 in PSYA3 and 87 in PSYA4. I have all my essays on a PowerPoint too if anyone wants me to send them over and I also made a research methods PowerPoint containing everything you need to know !
Original post by fefssdf
If anyone wants any general advice let me know

I got an A* in psychology - 98 in PSYA3 and 87 in PSYA4. I have all my essays on a PowerPoint too if anyone wants me to send them over and I also made a research methods PowerPoint containing everything you need to know !

I am aiming for an A* this year, if you could please send me a copy of your notes that would be amazing!!!! Thank you so much I'll message you 😀
Original post by Craffertyful
I was predicted an A and ended up with a U in PSYA3 because I sat there staring at the exam sheet thinking "well, I know absolutely none of these" instead of doing what you did and getting at least something down on paper. Barely filled 3 pages 😓

My essays are roughly 6 pages each, and I'm trying to learn by recording myself reading each one aloud then listening to it back while reading through. Slow process, lol. What about you? Any tips?

Mine are about 1000 words each typed, think that's about 4 sides written I'm not sure, im literally just reading paragraphs then writing them out again and again until I can remember everything
Mine are about 1000 words each typed, think that's about 4 sides written I'm not sure, im literally just reading paragraphs then writing them out again and again until I can remember everything

This was my method. I memorised word for word every single essay question that could be asked ( think it was around 20 in total ) which involved around 5 hours of work a day for 3 months. It is possible
Original post by fefssdf
This was my method. I memorised word for word every single essay question that could be asked ( think it was around 20 in total ) which involved around 5 hours of work a day for 3 months. It is possible

Thanks! How long did it take roughly to learn each essay? I'm currently learning essays just not word for word and rather just the concepts and points and the general structure of each essay, and this only takes me an hour or so per essay, think I've got 35 to learn if I've counted correctly😩
Thanks! How long did it take roughly to learn each essay? I'm currently learning essays just not word for word and rather just the concepts and points and the general structure of each essay, and this only takes me an hour or so per essay, think I've got 35 to learn if I've counted correctly😩

I think it took me around 3 days to memorise each one word-for-word. but you don't need to do that just do what you're doing and make sure you know the general facts and make sure you use connectives as it makes it look like you know what you're doing so things like firstly, secondly, therefore, to corroborate this ( which means supporting evidence ... ), nevertheless, alternatively, in contrast, finally

just makes your essay look more professional and stops the person marking it from thinking you're just listing things !
There's a 2017 thread here - going to close this thread now :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending