The Student Room Group

SKE bursary for those who haven't graduated yet

I would be grateful if someone could advise me on the following. Let's say I start a 12-week maths enhancement course commencing late April until early July. Will I be eligible to receive the bursary if I will not have graduated, and therefore my degree result is not confirmed, until late June?

Also, If the bursary is paid after my degree is confirmed, will I be able to claim the whole amount of the bursary (which would be 2400 pounds for 12 weeks in total)?
Hi dave,
It might be best to talk to one of the SKE providers as they seem to be the best informed. I am currently working but will be eligible for the bursary for SKE chemistry, so I can't see it's different if you are currently a student.
Have you got an SKE place lined up?
I'm starting PGCE through School Direct in Sep and Leics Uni were really helpful in directing me to SKE and the SKE provider has been helpful - they seem to apply for the bursary for you.
As bursaries can change, it would be good to talk to one of the SKE providers ASAP. If you need a link to the SKE directory see below...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/subject-knowledge-enhancement-course-directory

Hope that helps.😀
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. The thing is that a 2:2 degree is a condition to receive a bursary and since my degree classification will be confirmed slightly before I should complete the SKE course, I'm wondering if I can get the full bursary once I graduate. (At the point of starting the SKE, I will still not have a degree) Can anyone advise on it?
Not sure if my situation is similar to yours. I applied for Flexible PGCE in Mathematics which my enrolment date is April 2017 (there are few dates throughout the academic year that you can enrol). This is due to the university wanting me to have completed an SKE before I start so this a stipulation of my offer. I have been told that as this is a stipulation of the offer I will get a monthly bursary for the SKE when I start the SKE. I do know students who have been asked to do the SKE but if it is not part of the offer then they will not get the bursary.
hey! what happened in the end? did you receive the bursary for the SKE?im currently finishing my degree and about to start my SKE and im so confused to whether i will receive the bursary.:smile:
Original post by Raychiiee4
hey! what happened in the end? did you receive the bursary for the SKE?im currently finishing my degree and about to start my SKE and im so confused to whether i will receive the bursary.:smile:

This is an example from TES SKE. Looks like you will get it when you graduate with 2:2 or above.

To receive the SKE training bursary you must hold or be studying for an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification of a 2:2 or above. If you are in the process of studying for your degree or the score has yet to be confirmed prior to your SKE course starting, your course fees will still be covered but you would not be eligible to start receiving bursary until you have contacted Tes Institute to confirm your degree score. Once you have done this we will arrange for any bursary that you are owed until that point to be paid to you in lieu.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending