The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University Of Liverpool accommodation- Crown Place

Hello,

Has anyone else applied for accommodation at Crown Place ? I have made my 3 preference there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Altun63
Hello,

Has anyone else applied for accommodation at Crown Place ? I have made my 3 preference there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, my first and second preference is crown place, put vine court as third.
Hope I get my first choice though!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Alima khan
Hi, my first and second preference is crown place, put vine court as third.
Hope I get my first choice though!

I'm the same! But I only applied for accommodation last week so hopefully I still have a chance for Crown Place! :s-smilie:
Original post by basic1996bitch
I'm the same! But I only applied for accommodation last week so hopefully I still have a chance for Crown Place! :s-smilie:

I applied last week as well only because I was conflicted on where to study. Firmed Liverpool though.
What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4
Does anyone know if we are able to park our cars there ? I do recall the building next to crown place had a place for parking and it seemed quite open ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied last week as well only because I was conflicted on where to study. Firmed Liverpool though.
What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?

Because I needed a fifth choice, I chose Liverpool and Politics, but now I wish I would have chosen International Politics and Policy... :unimpressed:

What about you??
Original post by basic1996bitch
Because I needed a fifth choice, I chose Liverpool and Politics, but now I wish I would have chosen International Politics and Policy... :unimpressed:

What about you??

Sounds interesting! I'm doing government and politics at A level. I'm sure you can choose modules from international politics after doing the compulsory modules.
I've applied to study Ancient history and Egyptology at Liverpool.
Reply 7
hi, i'm choosing my accommodation preferences right now and not sure which ones are the best ones. any ideas?
Original post by only1hman
hi, i'm choosing my accommodation preferences right now and not sure which ones are the best ones. any ideas?

Hi, it depends on what you want? Off campus or on campus
For self catered/ catered en suite you can check out crown place and vine court Which are on campus
I think in student villages off campus like Carnatic you have to share washrooms

Personally, from what I've seen crown place is really nice.
Reply 9
Hi, it depends on what you want? Off campus or on campus
For self catered/ catered en suite you can check out crown place and vine court Which are on campus
I think in student villages off campus like Carnatic you have to share washrooms

Personally, from what I've seen crown place is really nice.

Washrooms ????? You mean sharing showers 😶

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Altun63
Washrooms ????? You mean sharing showers 😶

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, that's what I meant
Reply 11
Yep, that's what I meant

I heard apart from crown and vine court rest are grim. Yes the social life there is supposed to be more "off the chain" but thats about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Altun63
I heard apart from crown and vine court rest are grim. Yes the social life there is supposed to be more "off the chain" but thats about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the campus tour, the tour guide did say that on campus accommodation is not as sociable as off campus accommodation, not that I mind. He may have been a bit biased since he lived in Carnatic for his first year
Reply 13
On the campus tour, the tour guide did say that on campus accommodation is not as sociable as off campus accommodation, not that I mind. He may have been a bit biased since he lived in Carnatic for his first year

It's really more to do with who's there, I've heard some nasty things about Carnatic, plus the whole idea of having a catered system at a Uni isn't really appealing 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hi, I applied for crown place and I'm thinking that although Carnatic and Greenbank may be more sociable, it is not like everywhere else isn't sociable at all and there will be lots of students in crown place too obviously. I'd rather have a nicer place, closer to uni and not having to take the bus or have catered meals (which have been said to be not that nice) than be abit more sociable. You will meet lots of people anyway.
Reply 15
Original post by CSO
Hi, I applied for crown place and I'm thinking that although Carnatic and Greenbank may be more sociable, it is not like everywhere else isn't sociable at all and there will be lots of students in crown place too obviously. I'd rather have a nicer place, closer to uni and not having to take the bus or have catered meals (which have been said to be not that nice) than be abit more sociable. You will meet lots of people anyway.

Exactly 👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Altun63
It's really more to do with who's there, I've heard some nasty things about Carnatic, plus the whole idea of having a catered system at a Uni isn't really appealing 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, I chose crown place simply because it's on campus and because I wanted a room with an ensuite. Plus, I'd prefer to buy my own food so catered was not a priority for me 😀
Original post by Altun63
Does anyone know if we are able to park our cars there ? I do recall the building next to crown place had a place for parking and it seemed quite open ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No chance unfortunately, that's staff parking or visitors if you pay through the nose for it. Carnatic on the other had has loads and loads of free parking.

That's exactly what I say on tours but from experience, that's not a biased view. Don't get me wrong it's not that there's no social atmosphere on campus, it's just much larger and crazy off campus.
Reply 19
Original post by jessica12s
I've firmed up on my offer for Law with Spanish at the University of Liverpool and have no idea where to start with accommodation i'm from Newcastle and never got a chance to look at the accommodation-do we have to go for the Uni's accommodation or are there other companies with accommodation e.g. Unite

Cheese cake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending