The Student Room Group

Study Spaces when you don't have money in liverpool?

I'm looking for better study spaces than the campus libraries because I sometimes struggle to find space in exam season, and I am not comfortable with the seats in long durations and not enough light. I've been to central library already, but when I went, most of the study spaces I wanted were already taken and it is an 18 min walk from my accom.

Whenever I search for best study spaces in Liverpool, all the spaces in question are cafes. However, I know that in the UK, in order to actually get a space and stay in the cafe to study, you need to buy something from the menu. However, I do not have money to do that.

Can someone actually suggest study spaces, in walking distance from the University of Liverpool campus, that do not require money? preferably indoor spaces since it rains a lot but I'll accept outdoor spaces too :biggrin:
Where is your accommodation?

Why not study in your room?
Getup earlier and go grab a spot first thing.
In exam season check the schedule of computer seminar rooms.
Reply 3
It might be possible to use seminar/teaching rooms -- during the run-up to exams and the exam period itself these probably won't be in use for teaching. If there are porters on duty in the building(s) you're thinking of using, it would be best to double-check with them that it's ok.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Where is your accommodation?

Why not study in your room?

im in crown place but my room doesn't get enough sunlight for me to be productive and my flatmates don't clean their mess in the kitchen so there isn't really any real place to study in my flat.
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
It might be possible to use seminar/teaching rooms -- during the run-up to exams and the exam period itself these probably won't be in use for teaching. If there are porters on duty in the building(s) you're thinking of using, it would be best to double-check with them that it's ok.

thank you ! who are porters btw?
Original post by Anonymous
im in crown place but my room doesn't get enough sunlight for me to be productive and my flatmates don't clean their mess in the kitchen so there isn't really any real place to study in my flat.

Ho get an LED lightbulb

Have you tried gate crashing the big Novatel hotel? Hotel receptions usually have some desk space for guests/visitors and unless you're causing trouble or taking up too much space they'll usually leave you alone
Reply 8
You should have access with your student card to study in any university library in the city. Might be worth checking these out. Some may have quiet study rooms which, from experience, are usually empty.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 9
thank you ! who are porters btw?

A "porter" (in University-speak) is a member of staff in a building who deals with things like security (unlocking the building in the morning, and checking the building is empty before locking it up in the evening; perhaps doing systematic or occasional ID card checks); works at a building reception desk; distributes internal mail, etc. Some universities might not have them, or might give them a different job title, or only have them for some of their larger buildings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending