The Student Room Group

Approx. percentage required for Oxford (Class XII India)

I would like to know about the approximate percentage required in Grade XII boards (CBSE) in India to get into Oxford University. I'm aware that their website says that one should secure more than 90% in each of their subjects, but that seems to be incredibly easy. The cut offs in prestigious Indian colleges go as far as 98.5%, and sometimes beyond, which is difficult. So, should I keep that as my goal or is there any approximate percentage known of Indian undergrads studying there?
Thanks!
After a certain cut off you're grades dont matter as much as your Written exam and Interview performance. They are often the most important things as Oxford gets thousands of applicants each year who meet and beat the minimum requirements and so they resort to the written test and the interview as the deciding factor often
You will get the answer to most of your questions on the website of Oxford. i.e. ox.ac.in And, as far as I know, you won't be doing master's in engineering but bachelor's, which is obvious. I'm not sure that Oxford offers engineering. But, they require you to give IIT entrance exams for science subjects.

Interviews are given through phone calls. Interviews of Oxford are almost as important, if not more, as your marks. They're often very challenging and most kids don't get in, even though they're brilliant, in Oxford because they couldn't perform well in the interviews.
Original post by CaptainGalifrey
You will get the answer to most of your questions on the website of Oxford. i.e. ox.ac.in And, as far as I know, you won't be doing master's in engineering but bachelor's, which is obvious. I'm not sure that Oxford offers engineering. But, they require you to give IIT entrance exams for science subjects.

Interviews are given through phone calls. Interviews of Oxford are almost as important, if not more, as your marks. They're often very challenging and most kids don't get in, even though they're brilliant, in Oxford because they couldn't perform well in the interviews.

Interviews should be over Skype in most cases :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending