Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know about the approximate percentage required in Grade XII boards (CBSE) in India to get into Oxford University. I'm aware that their website says that one should secure more than 90% in each of their subjects, but that seems to be incredibly easy. The cut offs in prestigious Indian colleges go as far as 98.5%, and sometimes beyond, which is difficult. So, should I keep that as my goal or is there any approximate percentage known of Indian undergrads studying there?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    After a certain cut off you're grades dont matter as much as your Written exam and Interview performance. They are often the most important things as Oxford gets thousands of applicants each year who meet and beat the minimum requirements and so they resort to the written test and the interview as the deciding factor often

ReputationRep:
    I am from Mumbai, India. I study in 12th grade in a city school, I am planning to pursue my further studies in the UK, to be specific I want to complete my 4-year Full-time MEng (Engineering Hons) degree in Engineering Sciences(Mechanical) from one of the top notch universities in the UK.
    As of the admission procedure, I need to apply prior to 15 Oct this year for 2017 entry.
    I will be applying via UCAS which would include my predicted grades, other qualifications and Personal statement and stuff!
    So, for Oxford, is there any specific test which I need to give?
    , Can you guys please, be frank and tell me if I have any chances of getting a place there?

I am a CBSE science student, as of now all the qualifications I have, include my --
    1)10 CGPA in class 10th
    2)I am giving APs in two subjects( Physics and Calculus) hoping for a 5 in both
    3)Also, I will be sitting for 3 SAT II subjects( Phy, Chem, Math)
    I will get their scores out by mid July this year. So, as an Indian student, will there be space for me to mention these scores in my UCAS application?
    4)I will also be giving IELTS test,
    5)and my predicted grades are above 90% overall and in all subjects indvidualy in my class XII CBSE boards!
    So do you think, I will be able to get a place in the university?
    And for Oxford we are required to give an interview, Isn't it? So where will I be giving that interview being an Indian? You must have given your interview, right? Can you guys share your experiance with me?
    By what time will I come to know that I have been offered a place?
    How is the crowd there like? The student life?

ReputationRep:
    You will get the answer to most of your questions on the website of Oxford. i.e. ox.ac.in And, as far as I know, you won't be doing master's in engineering but bachelor's, which is obvious. I'm not sure that Oxford offers engineering. But, they require you to give IIT entrance exams for science subjects.

Interviews are given through phone calls. Interviews of Oxford are almost as important, if not more, as your marks. They're often very challenging and most kids don't get in, even though they're brilliant, in Oxford because they couldn't perform well in the interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainGalifrey)
    You will get the answer to most of your questions on the website of Oxford. i.e. ox.ac.in And, as far as I know, you won't be doing master's in engineering but bachelor's, which is obvious. I'm not sure that Oxford offers engineering. But, they require you to give IIT entrance exams for science subjects.

Interviews are given through phone calls. Interviews of Oxford are almost as important, if not more, as your marks. They're often very challenging and most kids don't get in, even though they're brilliant, in Oxford because they couldn't perform well in the interviews.
    Interviews should be over Skype in most cases :yep:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.