The Student Room Group

please help this question is killing me?

No matter how many time i search about this question i never get good answer:confused::bl::confused::confused::confused:.

Discuss how and why promotional activity might change at different stages of a product’s lifecycle?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Superprohero
No matter how many time i search about this question i never get good answer:confused::bl::confused::confused::confused:.

Discuss how and why promotional activity might change at different stages of a product’s lifecycle?

can someone also explain me what product life cycle means?

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/reference/marketing-product-life-cycle
Reply 2
(edited 8 years ago)
thanks but it lack something?

lacks what?
from the mark scheme:

Page 4 Mark Scheme Syllabus Paper GCE A/AS LEVEL

May/June 2008 9707 01
© UCLES 2008
7 (a)
[Answers could explain the stages of a typical product lifecycle and indicate the financial implications (potential) for pursuing a particular product marketing strategy.] Attempt to comment on the specific usefulness of this concept for a financial manager (judgement): (7–8) Sound understanding and analysis of the PLC concept and illustrates the financial implications (e.g. a new product in a competitive market at the beginning of its lifecycle will require heavy investment): (5–6) Shows good understanding of the product lifecycle concept with some reference (may be very limited) to financial issues: (3–4) Shows some limited awareness of the product lifecycle concept: (1–2)
(b)
[Answers could review all or some of the stages of a product lifecycle including extension strategies and show understanding of how promotion changes, e.g. heavyweight approach at launch, informative ads in growth, brand loyalty emphasis in maturity, heavy promotion of extensions. Most candidates will probably focus on how. Explanations of why to be rewarded.] Evaluative comment perhaps a judgemental comment on why promotional activity might need to change: (11–12) Sound analysis of how promotion might change at different stages of the product lifecycle: (8–10) Shows good knowledge of the product lifecycle and types of promotion: (3–7) Shows limited awareness of the product lifecycle and/or types of promotion:
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
lacks what?

it lack content and good explanation plus i have already been on this site:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
it lack content and good explanation plus i have already been on this site:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:

then what do u want???
Reply 7
then what do u want???

please just give me proper explanation of this question why promotional activity might change at different stages of a product’s life cycle
Reply 8
Original post by the bear
from the mark scheme:

Page 4 Mark Scheme Syllabus Paper GCE A/AS LEVEL

May/June 2008 9707 01
© UCLES 2008
7 (a)
[Answers could explain the stages of a typical product lifecycle and indicate the financial implications (potential) for pursuing a particular product marketing strategy.] Attempt to comment on the specific usefulness of this concept for a financial manager (judgement): (7–8) Sound understanding and analysis of the PLC concept and illustrates the financial implications (e.g. a new product in a competitive market at the beginning of its lifecycle will require heavy investment): (5–6) Shows good understanding of the product lifecycle concept with some reference (may be very limited) to financial issues: (3–4) Shows some limited awareness of the product lifecycle concept: (1–2)
(b)
[Answers could review all or some of the stages of a product lifecycle including extension strategies and show understanding of how promotion changes, e.g. heavyweight approach at launch, informative ads in growth, brand loyalty emphasis in maturity, heavy promotion of extensions. Most candidates will probably focus on how. Explanations of why to be rewarded.] Evaluative comment perhaps a judgemental comment on why promotional activity might need to change: (11–12) Sound analysis of how promotion might change at different stages of the product lifecycle: (8–10) Shows good knowledge of the product lifecycle and types of promotion: (3–7) Shows limited awareness of the product lifecycle and/or types of promotion:

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i hate mark schemes plus i am too dumb to figure out answer on my own
Reply 9
then what do u want???

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

i don't do anything related to business/marketing
i don't do anything related to business/marketing

ok, i will wait for other people:smile::smile:
this is cheating
It's a really easy question, just go ahead and answer it.
Original post by Lemon Haze
It's a really easy question, just go ahead and answer it.

:badger::badger::badger::badger:still waiting:badger::badger::badger::badger::badger:

Quick Reply

Latest