The Student Room Group

english language paper 1 question 5

i need ideas for my story, i'm literally clueless and i dont know where to start from please help!
Reply 1
the story or like the question reading paper?
Reply 2
Original post by A____J
the story or like the question reading paper?

the story i don't have any ideas for it
Reply 3
right, thats usually what most people find hardest
well, what i do is write a story every night...
u just need to be imaginative and sort of waffle i guess
theyll be loads of titles right, so for eg, umm, Write about a time when you felt guilty
Here u could use a past experience in real life orr make it up
You could talk about when u killed a spider or the time when you robbed a candy store or something, just make it up. Theyll give u 4 titles so choose whatever suits u best
hope that helps xx
Reply 4
I can help you
Reply 5
Original post by A____J
right, thats usually what most people find hardest
well, what i do is write a story every night...
u just need to be imaginative and sort of waffle i guess
theyll be loads of titles right, so for eg, umm, Write about a time when you felt guilty
Here u could use a past experience in real life orr make it up
You could talk about when u killed a spider or the time when you robbed a candy store or something, just make it up. Theyll give u 4 titles so choose whatever suits u best
hope that helps xx

thank youu x
Reply 6
Original post by Eddy sams
I can help you

okay help me please
Original post by nikki :P
i need ideas for my story, i'm literally clueless and i dont know where to start from please help!

my personal tip for the story writing is make it about you or make the character similar to you personality wise etc. you could use something you've experienced in your life or an event/time period/something youre interested in you know lots about and how you felt about the situation. making it relatable to you makes it easier for you to empathise with the character you're writing about so easier for you to write and convey emotion. just as a general warning tho don't use anything too traumatic or violent (say you're talking about depression, su*cidal thoughts etc if you've been through such a thing) as perhaps a bit too unpleasant and the examiners can pick up on this and they may actually inform your school to check on your wellbeing. also i wouldn't make it obvious that it's about you, like don't use your own name or anything.

also i reccommend looking up and learning a structure for your story and memorising it. i'd also do this for the descriptive writing just in case, as well as paper 2 Q5. it will help you plan and write more efficiently. if youre still struggling i reccommend watching some videos by 'mr salles teaches english' and 'mr bruff' on youtube about the creative writing. hope that helps and good luck : )
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by user01906002
my personal tip for the story writing is make it about you or make the character similar to you personality wise etc. you could use something you've experienced in your life or an event/time period/something youre interested in you know lots about and how you felt about the situation. making it relatable to you makes it easier for you to empathise with the character you're writing about so easier for you to write and convey emotion. just as a general warning tho don't use anything too traumatic or violent (say you're talking about depression, su*cidal thoughts etc if you've been through such a thing) as perhaps a bit too unpleasant and the examiners can pick up on this and they may actually inform your school to check on your wellbeing. also i wouldn't make it obvious that it's about you, like don't use your own name or anything.

also i reccommend looking up and learning a structure for your story and memorising it. i'd also do this for the descriptive writing just in case, as well as paper 2 Q5. it will help you plan and write more efficiently. if youre still struggling i reccommend watching some videos by 'mr salles teaches english' and 'mr bruff' on youtube about the creative writing. hope that helps and good luck : )

thank you!!!
Reply 9
Send me your email address I will text you there
Reply 10
Original post by Eddy sams
Send me your email address I will text you there

[email protected]
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 11
I highly recommend watching Mr Everything English on YouTube for your GCSE English language.

I sat down one night with random inspiration to write a story. It turned out really well and, for the past few weeks, whenever I practice question 5, do mock papers or something, I use that exact same story, just slightly adjusting it each time to fit the question. My teacher certainly doesn't mind seeing the same question multiple times, in fact, he really encourages planning your story well in advance.

You should watch this to gain a better understanding of how to make your planned story fit any paper 1 question 5 that comes your way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_s9TgR3vG4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending