The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Tonight Matthew
So do people in the lower sixth now have to apply deferred and take a gap year or else they have to pay the fees? Meaning that I can't just apply normally, and if I don't get in, go on a gap year and apply post A-Level?

I'm in the lower sixth now.

Details haven't come out yet as far as I know, but you may have to do it that way round in order to get your fee status confirmed.
Perhaps someone remembers what happened last time when they established fees and there was a transition group. there must have been some rules on this?
Tonight Matthew
So do people in the lower sixth now have to apply deferred and take a gap year or else they have to pay the fees? Meaning that I can't just apply normally, and if I don't get in, go on a gap year and apply post A-Level?

I'm in the lower sixth now.

No you can still apply normally, it just means those who intend to take a gap year can do so peacefully!

By the way, (to anyone) would taking a foundation art course be like taking a gap year, cos I might take it, and then go to uni in 2006.....
mobbdeeprob -- I think that anyone applying post-A-level for 2006 entry would have capped (i.e. £1125) fees also -- or at least that what seems sensible to me. However I don't think the details have been published yet, so we can't be sure.

Latest

Trending

Trending