The Student Room Group

Getting the grades

I have a conditional offer for Plymouth to do history and I need 280 points with a B in history and I have calculated my UMS and even if I get an A this year (which I won't!) I won't have enough to get a B. I will definitely get over 280 points with my other subjects but i wont get a B in history so that brings me to the question, why did they give me an offer and will they still let me in when I don't get a B? :frown:
Original post by Sian.G
I have a conditional offer for Plymouth to do history and I need 280 points with a B in history and I have calculated my UMS and even if I get an A this year (which I won't!) I won't have enough to get a B. I will definitely get over 280 points with my other subjects but i wont get a B in history so that brings me to the question, why did they give me an offer and will they still let me in when I don't get a B? :frown:

They gave you an offer in the expectation that you would get the required 280 points and a B in History. If you don't get the latter they might let you in, but only a) if they are short of applicants and b) they think that someone with a C is capable of studying History at degree level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending