The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Uni Accommodation help!

Basically, I've decided to stay in halls for my first year, starting in September this year at the University of Sussex. I've checked out all the various on-campus accommodation options and I still can't decide where to live. Price per week isn't an issue as I'm getting a loan and a job so I'll be about to pay up to £150 and I don't think any on-campus Sussex accommodation costs much more than that.

So, first of all, an en-suite bathroom as opposed to a shared bathroom is preferred but not absolutely essential. I also want somewhere that I feel is fairly well decorated, clean and not very run down - I looked at Northfield Flats and Swanborough Flats mainly and am stuck.

On student accommodation review websites it basically says that in both of those flats, social stuff is limited, and that the best place for social stuff is East Slope. I've looked around East Slope and come to the conclusion that I'd rather pay a bit more for somewhere that isn't falling down and where I am guaranteed my own room. So I'm trying to balance social opportunities with a good standard of living within halls - has anyone experienced any of the accommodation that I've mentioned? And are Northfield and Swanborough really as unsociable as they sound? Thanks!
A flat or house is only sociable if the people in it are sociable. That will change in every flat every year. Choose the accommodation you can afford and like (although remember you're not guaranteed to get it).
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending