The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

East Slope Townhouse or En-suite (2024-2025)

Hi everyone!
I received an offer from Sussex to do International Relations with a language, I firmed the offer and now I’m looking at accommodation. Because of the recent rise in the cost of living accommodation for East Slope has risen (En-suite: £208.60 per week, Townhouse: £198.17 per week) I’m struggling to decide whether it’s worth paying the extra £10 for the En-suite or not.

Can anyone in East Slope help me out 😭? What’s are some pros and cons about the Townhoise and En-suite? How are rooms and bathrooms like in the Townhouse? Are there good pre-drinks and motives and do most flatmates get alone or not? And is there enough natural light in both townhouse and En-suite or does it depend on where your room is since I want to have natural plants in my room?

Thank you all 🥰!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
I personally am also in the process of applying to Sussex, I am a international student so I haven't visited the accoms in person but I would prefer East Slope if I were you.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Neoliea
Hi everyone!
I received an offer from Sussex to do International Relations with a language, I firmed the offer and now I’m looking at accommodation. Because of the recent rise in the cost of living accommodation for East Slope has risen (En-suite: £208.60 per week, Townhouse: £198.17 per week) I’m struggling to decide whether it’s worth paying the extra £10 for the En-suite or not.
Can anyone in East Slope help me out 😭? What’s are some pros and cons about the Townhoise and En-suite? How are rooms and bathrooms like in the Townhouse? Are there good pre-drinks and motives and do most flatmates get alone or not? And is there enough natural light in both townhouse and En-suite or does it depend on where your room is since I want to have natural plants in my room?
Thank you all 🥰!!
Hi! I’ve firmed Sussex, and have applied for East Slope en-suite, only because I personally don’t mind spending the extra for peace of mind of having my own bathroom.

However, I can’t speak for Sussex directly, but I can speak for halls in general. When it’s come to being an environment for pre-drinks and motives - it all depends on your flatmates. Some flatmates will be fine with hosting pres and motives, whereas some won’t. When applying, you can choose to live in quiet or loud accommodation, for pres/motives your best bet is probably choosing loud.

Do most flatmates get along? Again, it all depends on who you get. In my first year at my first uni, I was in a flat with 7 other people. I got on enough with them all, minus 3 of them, to be able to comfortably be in the kitchen with them, but would never host a pres with them.
Reply 3
I did first year in En - suite in Bodiam. Do the En-suite.

This was during lockdown around 3 years ago so parties were rampant on campus - every townhouse we went to had issues of either people not cleaning up after themselves, or toothpaste/toilet paper being stolen, sometimes people would use other peoples' razors (disgusting!).

Don't chance it. If you can comfortably afford it - pay the extra £10/wk. More often than not first years are incapable of looking after themselves and the hygiene standard drops very quickly.
Reply 4
Also - congratulations on your offer. Sussex is great and East slope is an amazing accom - lots of facilities.
Reply 5
Original post by Anon2463
Also - congratulations on your offer. Sussex is great and East slope is an amazing accom - lots of facilities.

Thank you so much !! Sussex has been my top choice since I went to the undergraduate open day, basically my dream uni !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending