The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Visiting_Babylon
Yeah Canada is TINY!

HA HA

You've got to be kidding me.

Obviously in a comment about immigration, I'm talking about the population, which is 1/10 of the US and 1/2 of the UK.
mashrur111
Also the tution fees for international students is much higher than for the Canadians. International students have to pay something like $15000 CAD annually. Canadians have to pay something like $3000.

But McGill is a good university. Everyone tells me you got to work real hard to keep up.

A few things I've heard about McGill: A good university, but big, with very little support for/ interest in individual students so it helps if you are well organised and motivated. I guess this can be said about most big unis though.

Two kids from my HS class had offers from LSE and both missed the grades, both by 1 point at IB- LSE, oversubscribed as it is, wouldn't shift, so both went to McGill without any trouble.

Montreal is a fantastic city. However, if anyone is looking to improve/learn French there, it's also a very bilingual city, so you have to make a really wholehearted effort.
shady lane
You've got to be kidding me.

Obviously in a comment about immigration, I'm talking about the population, which is 1/10 of the US and 1/2 of the UK.

Of course... 'twas a joke!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending