The Student Room Group

Kingston or Manchester Met for art foundation

I have got an uncondtional offer for kingston, and a conditional for Manchester. Does this mean I should go with Kingston as they can see me more in their course? I really don't know where is best for art foundation (especially best for textiles and fashion)?
Hey, I'm currently doing my foundation at Manchester. First of all, congratulations, you have got into two excellent foundations so well done! I don't think that it means that Kingston necessarily see you fit on their course more - Manchester only give out conditionals unless you already have met the conditions of their offer. They do it more to make sure that you don't just stop doing A-levels because they know that you will need those grades when you apply to do degrees. Plus I know Kingston gives out unconditional to tempt people into choosing them. I have a friend at Kingston and she loves it and is so glad that she went there, and I chose to go to Manchester and I can't imagine having chosen anywhere else. I'd say both are strong for textiles and fashion from what I know (I do fine art) I know we have about 5 people going to do their fashion degree at westminster from Manchester which my friends from the fashion area tell me is a really big deal. I think that the Manchester school of art fashion and textiles degrees are also meant to be really good - a lot of the students win prizes and competitions, so I'd imagine if you wanted to stay at manchester after your foundation then that would be a positive? Plus at manchester you can do direct progression which means that you are guaranteed entry to one of the degrees here.

Like I said, don't think Manchester want you less because you got a conditional, the conditions are really low so you'll almost definitely meet them, and they give everyone conditionals no matter how much they want you. Let me know if you have any more questions about the course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest