Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread Watch

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    WELCOME
    So hey guys, since most of you know I am a massive music lover and I play my own instruments and I sing too, I decided we should have a thread where us aspiring musicians and singers/bands come together to discuss our ventures and possibly collaborate on here virtually.

You can post snippets of song lyrics, videos, gain inspiration or just chat to us fellow singers and musicians. If you don't play or sing, that doesn't matter at all! You can help us maybe write a song and provide feedback for us. It's a chance for us to get to know each other and try something new out.

Regardless of your musical talents, you are welcome to join in the chat! :excited:

Every Friday, I will host a music quiz as well as fun and games during the times of 7pm-9pm.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    WELCOME
    So hey guys, since most of you know I am a massive music lover and I play my own instruments and I sing too, I decided we should have a thread where us aspiring musicians and singers/bands come together to discuss our ventures and possibly collaborate on here virtually.

You can post snippets of song lyrics, videos, gain inspiration or just chat to us fellow singers and musicians. If you don't play or sing, that doesn't matter at all! You can help us maybe write a song and provide feedback for us. It's a chance for us to get to know each other and try something new out.

Regardless of your musical talents, you are welcome to join in the chat! :excited:

Every Friday, I will host a music quiz as well as fun and games during the times of 7pm-9pm.
    Create TSR thread for help with music.
    Profit.
    Split profit with Andy98 cause he's awesome

That right?

Although on a serious note, great idea kiddo
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Profit.

That right?

If we even get money we need the idea to spread, I tagged you because I hardly know anyone else who is musical. And I have a great brain, hence the great ideas I bet I'm older than you "kiddo"
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If we even get money we need the idea to spread, I tagged you because I hardly know anyone else who is musical. And I have a great brain, hence the great ideas I bet I'm older than you "kiddo"
    Well; I know Kyx has requested me to write some lyrics for the instrumental to The Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know.... Which in all honesty I'm a bit stumped about where to start, it's an easy enough song to write lyrics to once there's an idea to go off though. Also, I believe Imperion is into creating more dubstep-type music, he was working on a beat for me to write a rap for I think.

I never said you didn't have a great brain, but I'm no neuroscientist

You probably are older than me, but I call everyone kiddo, kiddo
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well; I know Kyx has requested me to write some lyrics for the instrumental to The Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know.... Which in all honesty I'm a bit stumped about where to start, it's an easy enough song to write lyrics to once there's an idea to go off though. Also, I believe Imperion is into creating more dubstep-type music, he was working on a beat for me to write a rap for I think.

I never said you didn't have a great brain, but I'm no neuroscientist

You probably are older than me, but I call everyone kiddo, kiddo
    Aw that's so cool. Ideally I want us to work on projects together and help each other out, we all like different music and can combine these loves to create something special! I'm surprised no one has done this before!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's so cool. Ideally I want us to work on projects together and help each other out, we all like different music and can combine these loves to create something special! I'm surprised no one has done this before!
    I know, I thought about making a thread a while ago but I didn't think I'd get the support for it so I didn't bother. Bit daft considering I once made a thread in Forum Games which was counting to a million in binary (and one for minus a million in 2's compliment) :rofl:

z33 probably knows loads of people
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I know, I thought about making a thread a while ago but I didn't think I'd get the support for it so I didn't bother. Bit daft considering I once made a thread in Forum Games which was counting to a million in binary (and one for minus a million in 2's compliment) :rofl:

z33 probably knows loads of people
    I stole your idea haha and we need more people, the creative the better!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I stole your idea haha and we need more people, the creative the better!
    Indeedio :holmes:

acupofgreentea, Hydeman, FrenchUnicorn, you guys wanna help??
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Indeedio :holmes:

acupofgreentea, Hydeman, FrenchUnicorn, you guys wanna help??
    Omg we can write songs in French!

ReputationRep:
    Oooooooooo, hi. This seems interesting :ahee: I sing
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Duet maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Duet maybe?
    *my avatar* that would be sooo cooooll! Please not that I've only ever sung in front of a few people and I get very scared when I sing
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Omg we can write songs in French!
    My French is very limited so speak for yourself

And bang. Like that we've already got a less slutty N-Dubz

ReputationRep:

:toofunny:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    *my avatar* that would be sooo cooooll! Please not that I've only ever sung in front of a few people and I get very scared when I sing
    I'd love that, I know how you feel but I find it gets easier when you just sing out loud and not give a ****.

No we have FrenchUnicorn, well not at the moment but one day lol.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:
    Although I won't wear those stupid bobble hats

I guess, although it'll still be tricky getting it to rhyme in French

ReputationRep:
    This sounds fun, I'd love to be a part of anything, I can't sing for my life but I'm proficient in piano, sax, harmonica, and have been teaching myself bass in the past month (so not very good)

ReputationRep:
    I'd love that, I know how you feel but I find it gets easier when you just sing out loud and not give a ****.

The one song I can sing really well is Warwick Avenue by Duffy - and thats the chorus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSnowy)
    This sounds fun, I'd love to be a part of anything, I can't sing for my life but I'm proficient in piano, sax, harmonica, and have been teaching myself bass in the past month (so not very good)
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Profit.

That right?

:rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I bet you didn't even realise that :mmm:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But then again...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: February 21, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.