The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

There seems to be quite a few of us who made that ridiculous mistake: I was just wondering... has anyone seen any other comment about this around the Internet? On any other forums?

If I notify the exam board, it would be helpful to be able to point to examples to show that it was a wide-spread problem...
Reply 181
but what is the exam board going to do? they cant do anything, so i dont see what telling them is going to do.
Reply 182
I can't believe how insensitve some people are being to people like me who made the double page spread. OK, you didn't make the mistake as a teacher told you it continued or something, well done you. But under the pressure of exams, with no page numbers mistakes happen! I will be more careful with exams in the future, but I made an error.

How is rubbing in that the exam board won't do anything helpful? If nobody tries nobody will know.

So please, those who didn't get tricked - don't gloat.
Reply 183
i actuallay fonud it very easy! was wicked! but to much writing hurts my hand. anyway i hope you all get the grades u want. gud luck 2 u all even thou i dnt kno uz!

all da best
.Daniel
I can't believe how insensitve some people are being to people like me who made the double page spread. OK, you didn't make the mistake as a teacher told you it continued or something, well done you. But under the pressure of exams, with no page numbers mistakes happen! I will be more careful with exams in the future, but I made an error.

How is rubbing in that the exam board won't do anything helpful? If nobody tries nobody will know.

So please, those who didn't get tricked - don't gloat.

We've already been over this... ITS NOT IMPORTANT. There wasnt much you could say about the other side anyway, so people that 'missed it', stop worrying.
Tehgiggles.
We've already been over this... ITS NOT IMPORTANT. There wasnt much you could say about the other side anyway, so people that 'missed it', stop worrying.

Yeah I think I only used the second side about 3 or 4 times. However there were more inconsistancies/ things to criticise on the other side.
Reply 186
there was nothing much on it anyway.
just stop worrying!
i know you are stressed because you missed it, and i can understand why, but what is complaining going to do?
AQA cannot do anything.
Reply 187
jazzzy
there was nothing much on it anyway.
just stop worrying!
i know you are stressed because you missed it, and i can understand why, but what is complaining going to do?
AQA cannot do anything.

Even if AQA can't do anything with our exam, it may make them consider in future that they messed up on this one? Fair enough it aint gonna benefit us, but they aint gonna know about it if nobody tells them.

David
jazzzy
...what is complaining going to do?...

Nothing like a good ol' complain after an exam:p:
It went really well for me. I did the Argue Question on Section B, and thought I wrote it pretty well. Section A was pretty basic, I think I got at last an A on that paper
Have I failed? I really need a B - I am usually pretty good at English... But I screwed up timing massively on that exam! I had to miss question 2B - spent way to much time on 1a - FOOL!

I don't think I did particulary well on any of the sections to be honest. My coursework is a solid A grade, any chance of me pulling of a B.

Tommorows exam is going to have to be awesome. I better kick some but.

Thanks Kieren.
Reply 191
.Daniel
I know I lost marks. In the last ten minutes I realised the BBC News article lead onto the next page. It was not clear, and I shall be complaining to AQA about it. The advert hidden that it continued and there was nothing to say it did.

Sorry, but that's a bit silly. Things like that happen, and AQA will just brush it off and dismiss it, if they read your letter or whatever at all. This is AQA's busiest time of year, so I'd just let them get on with their work, and get over the exam:rolleyes:
Reply 192
Prof Milne
Have I failed? I really need a B - I am usually pretty good at English... But I screwed up timing massively on that exam! I had to miss question 2B - spent way to much time on 1a - FOOL!

I don't think I did particulary well on any of the sections to be honest. My coursework is a solid A grade, any chance of me pulling of a B.

Thanks Kieren.

Last year, I messed up with paper 1's timing too; i realised half way through my first section that what I was writing was not relevant to the questions, so I rewrote my answers, and they were at least understandable in relation to the question then. Then I was only left with about 30 minutes to write my article on pollution, but I still came out with an A*....it was a miracle, but I think examiners understand that you're under pressure, doing the first exams that mean something to you and that you're not going to be able to produce your best all the time (if that makes sense:p:) so just stay positive, and do well tomorrow:smile:
Jhutu
OMG, the BBC article had another side to it?

Yeah, mine was on a double page spread.

The Carphone Warehouse Ad din't have tow sides did it?

Please somebody tell me it didn't!?
Prof Milne

Thanks Kieren.

My coursework is A grade too, but I think I did well in the exam.
And now for the poems.. uh oh.
Reply 196
didnt gobadionly wrote 2.5 pages though, buts its quailty not quantity :smile:

Latest