The Student Room Group

KCL (Economics and Management) or WBS (Management)?

Hey guys!
I've been really thinking about where to go for uni and since I'm from the UK, I'd like to hear some other opinions to clear up my ideas.

I've been accepted to Warwick, KCL and Durham
Warwick: Management A*AA
KCL: Economics and Management A*AA
Durham: Finance AAB

Honestly I'm not taking in consideration Durham at all, but I'm really struggling deciding between WBS and KCL since they are both great.
I heard that WBS is better, but at KCL I would be studying Economics and it's considered to be a stronger course.
Also will the fact that WBS is not in London affect my future career?
WBS not being in London will have absolutely 0 effect on your graduate employability, it's just easier to network and find part time employment in London (although Coventry is like an hour on the train). Economics is better if you want to become an Economist/Economic Consultant or apply for some stats related graduate schemes but other than that you'll likely be applying to the same kind of jobs from all 3 degrees. Studying a degree in Economics will make you 'sound' smarter and if you're from a very traditional family this may factor highly in your decision making but I assure you that the majority of employers won't care. KCL is the better uni overall but for Economics and Business related courses WBS is the better university of the three by quite a long way.
WBS is a great business school but King's is a more well known and elitist university. It is also true that doing Econ & Management will open more doors than only management.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending