The Student Room Group

Keep failing exams, nobody understands me. Feeling pressured to get a degree

Hi all,

I keep failing exams for university and feel quite pressured by my mother to get my degree. My mother says the reason why I'm failing is because I worry about it and wants me to resit my examination but I know the root reason for failure is due to my mind and ADHD like symptoms.

I feel quite pressured to get my degree and to make things worse I am not allowed to go to shisha bars or clubs.

What should I do?
Go and talk to your GP and see if your adhd is really affecting your studies or its other reasons. Of you dont wnat a degree then dont do it, but figure out what you will do upon leaving Uni.
Hi :smile:

You've come this far so might as well finish it off maybe? Or if not, you should speak to your uni advisers or a doctor if you really don't want to continue.

You've done GCSEs, college either alevels, btec or a access course and don't want to finish a degree, this is the last bit of studying.

Any ways good luck x
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

I keep failing exams for university and feel quite pressured by my mother to get my degree. My mother says the reason why I'm failing is because I worry about it and wants me to resit my examination but I know the root reason for failure is due to my mind and ADHD like symptoms.

I feel quite pressured to get my degree and to make things worse I am not allowed to go to shisha bars or clubs.

What should I do?

If you keep on failing exams to get in to university, what chance do you think you'd stand if you were actually there? Not much i'm afraid?!?

Quick Reply

Latest