The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No need to apologise at all, you've had so much on your plate :penguinhug: I hope having a diagnosis now is helpful, even though I guess on some level it could be frustrating/upsetting news to have had :hugs: Glad your workplace are being good about it. 9.5 hour shift :headfire: Holy moley! :headfire: Glad you have some time to rest :hugs:

its been a busy week for me!
yeah a diagnosis helps in that i can do more to help myself like work so hard and forget to take my painkillers :facepalm: but also knowing this is pretty much me for life now, its not gonna get massively better and knowing that sucks bug tome!!
yeah it was a tough shift. we had a powercut then our fridges broke and we had to waste literally thousands of pounds of food!!
yeah seeing my mum tomorrow which will be nice cos shes been in holland for nearly 2 weeks!!
Definitely not good tonight. Going to try and sleep but doubt it'll happen.
Got my PIP claim denied in a letter sent the day before I sent my form off, and 4 days before the deadline for my form. Brilliant. No assessment, nothing. Benefits advisor at CMHT is going to try and sort it out next week. Really not what I needed right now but ok
Booked my tattoo in :woo:
Original post by Noodlzzz
Crisis line were **** to talk to. Suggested knitting.

Original post by chelseadagg3r
Honestly, where do they get these people. They just told me to 'calm down' the other day. Like great, 100% what I came here for thanks

I thought it was just my local crisis number that was useless. The man I spoke to each time told me to just be responsible and talk to my sixth form's counsellor instead!
Original post by LeCroissant
I thought it was just my local crisis number that was useless. The man I spoke to each time told me to just be responsible and talk to my sixth form's counsellor instead!

Before I turned 19 and was able to use Childline, they were much more useful. Might give Samaritans or something a try next time because the crisis team just do nothing for me to be honest. Sometimes they really rile me up and I just want to put the phone down lol
My god I am fuming.

Just called the crisis line, in a crisis. And aside from being told to do knitting again, she was whispering down the phone things like 'you can't do anything' thinking I couldn't hear. I mean wtf was that about? Was she trying to make me think I was hearing voices or just out of spite? I'm so angry.
Original post by Noodlzzz
My god I am fuming.

Just called the crisis line, in a crisis. And aside from being told to do knitting again, she was whispering down the phone things like 'you can't do anything' thinking I couldn't hear. I mean wtf was that about? Was she trying to make me think I was hearing voices or just out of spite? I'm so angry.

That's really really awful. Look after yourself as best you can and honestly think about making a complaint when you can

Posted from TSR Mobile
Literally am wanting to break down and cry :frown: my eyes have been watery, I'm at work and been passing it off as hayfever. Just on the verge of crying :frown: had enough
Hope everything is ok
Original post by Anonymous
Literally am wanting to break down and cry :frown: my eyes have been watery, I'm at work and been passing it off as hayfever. Just on the verge of crying :frown: had enough

PM me if you wish!
Women's health related

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Before I turned 19 and was able to use Childline, they were much more useful. Might give Samaritans or something a try next time because the crisis team just do nothing for me to be honest. Sometimes they really rile me up and I just want to put the phone down lol

I used to do the 1-2-1 chat on the Childline website which I found helpful, although I was too nervous to phone them :tongue:.

My GP has recommended the Samaritans to me before (even she thinks the crisis team are useless!) and apparently the people who volunteer for the Samaritans are genuinely really nice and open-minded people.
The crisis people are just not very good at all. I wish I had an old-fashioned telephone so I could dramatically slam the phone down on them :lol:.
Original post by LeCroissant
I used to do the 1-2-1 chat on the Childline website which I found helpful, although I was too nervous to phone them :tongue:.

My GP has recommended the Samaritans to me before (even she thinks the crisis team are useless!) and apparently the people who volunteer for the Samaritans are genuinely really nice and open-minded people.
The crisis people are just not very good at all. I wish I had an old-fashioned telephone so I could dramatically slam the phone down on them :lol:.

Yes! The chat I always found really useful. I actually called them for the first time just after I turned 19, forgetting the age thing, and even then they were really good to me. Wow yes, I know that feeling :laugh: Hanging up on a smartphone just doesn't have the same effect!
Original post by TitanCream
PM me if you wish!

Thank you! :hugs:
TW Abuse

Spoiler

TW Abuse

Spoiler

Spoiler

feeling really crap at the moment, just exhauated and really low because of it!
just want to cry
Starting a (small) dose of anti-depressant has really lifted my mood, my whole outlook has just changed. Is it the start of the "recovery", or have people experienced a "honeymoon" period where they work for a bit then wear off?
Wide awake :cry:

Latest