The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeCroissant
What would happen to a non-psychotic person if they took anti-psychotic medication?

Luckily, I won't have to take the tablets for at least another week because I'll be out of town but I'm worried about what will happen to me when I finally have to start taking them.

Well antipsychotic medication is used for a variety of different reasons from mood stabilisation, inducing sleep, reducing anxiety and distress, helping flashbacks and intrusive thoughts, and more, so lots of people without psychosis take them safely and with benefit. (including me). You may experience various side effects such as weight gain, feeling drowsy and agitation amongst others, depending on which medication you take, but this is the same with many medications. I hope it goes well for you and find benefit. Good luck and take care.
got such a hellish week coming up. im not sure how im going to get through it. been feeling really good in the daytime recently but then 2/3am come and i cant sleep and i just want to cry. no other emotion than honestly just wanting to cry :sadpanda:
Original post by Command&Conquer
Hello everyone, I just joined and this is the first thread I wanted to post in. I just wanted to say I know what some of you are going through because I have been through some things myself but there is always support out there, there is always someone who cares and may understand how you feel.

Hugs4All

Thank you for your support!
everything is so unstable. when is it ever not though tbh, been pingponging between houses my whole life
least im going to uni so i can decide where i live etc, least until summer, dont know where i will be living then but i trust my parent
Reply 8984
My anxiety has come back over the last few days, I haven't had it in about 3-4 years. I kept having quite disturbing dreams too over the last few days which I just cant get out of my mind and last night I woke up with a terrible panic attack at around 4am...
It's really getting me down, I don't know how to deal with it since it's a feeling of sadness I'm not familiar with and I have no clue what's directly causing it but i reckon it's a build up of things. I'm starting to feel like I'm falling back into depression, I've cancelled most outings and just want to stay home.

I'm not sure what to do next, but it isn't looking good and I think I've lost all passion, energy and hope to push through it as I've been able to in the past and over the last few years. I really hope this is the end of the worst.
Original post by zayn008
My anxiety has come back over the last few days, I haven't had it in about 3-4 years. I kept having quite disturbing dreams too over the last few days which I just cant get out of my mind and last night I woke up with a terrible panic attack at around 4am...
It's really getting me down, I don't know how to deal with it since it's a feeling of sadness I'm not familiar with and I have no clue what's directly causing it but i reckon it's a build up of things. I'm starting to feel like I'm falling back into depression, I've cancelled most outings and just want to stay home.

I'm not sure what to do next, but it isn't looking good and I think I've lost all passion, energy and hope to push through it as I've been able to in the past and over the last few years. I really hope this is the end of the worst.

Really sorry you're feeling this way bro :frown:

Do you have family members who understand your history and can support you? It's really important that you reach out to someone to talk to before your situation gets worse, the last thing you want is to be sucked into depression again. What's been getting you down recently? What do you think is the root cause? Stay strong :hugs:
Reply 8986
Really sorry you're feeling this way bro :frown:

Do you have family members who understand your history and can support you? It's really important that you reach out to someone to talk to before your situation gets worse, the last thing you want is to be sucked into depression again. What's been getting you down recently? What do you think is the root cause? Stay strong :hugs:

Thanks for replying :smile:

They're familiar but they weren't so helpful the first time round, I mostly picked myself back up... I was thinking about reaching out to a friend, she's often open with me about her life and I'm a little open with her but I don't really want to bother her since it might upset her/ruin her mindset. That's my biggest fear at the moment, I think reaching out to the wrong person would make thinga worse and definitely put me back into a depression...

Ive been keeping myself busy trying to 'reinvent' myself, since I felt pretty disconnected from what I loved and felt like I was living in auto pilot for a long time, it started off pretty great, I was loving all the changes and now I don't know what's next, all I know is I want to make more changes. I've also been regretting past choices for a long time, especially in friends I chose. I think the root cause is not being the person I want to be and not being surrounded by what I'd like, there's been a bunch of family problems lately too but that's nothing new, I think I'm just struggling to move forward and let go of the past since I'm so unhappy with it. I know the past can't be changed but the past is also what shapes the future and I can't seem to find the control to change that.

Sorry my thoughts are still really confused, it's all just hit me out of nowhere and I still haven't really had a chance to process it and think about it. I really appreciate your help :hugs:
Original post by PandaWho
got such a hellish week coming up. im not sure how im going to get through it. been feeling really good in the daytime recently but then 2/3am come and i cant sleep and i just want to cry. no other emotion than honestly just wanting to cry :sadpanda:

:hugs:
Original post by zayn008
Thanks for replying :smile:

They're familiar but they weren't so helpful the first time round, I mostly picked myself back up... I was thinking about reaching out to a friend, she's often open with me about her life and I'm a little open with her but I don't really want to bother her since it might upset her/ruin her mindset. That's my biggest fear at the moment, I think reaching out to the wrong person would make thinga worse and definitely put me back into a depression...

Ive been keeping myself busy trying to 'reinvent' myself, since I felt pretty disconnected from what I loved and felt like I was living in auto pilot for a long time, it started off pretty great, I was loving all the changes and now I don't know what's next, all I know is I want to make more changes. I've also been regretting past choices for a long time, especially in friends I chose. I think the root cause is not being the person I want to be and not being surrounded by what I'd like, there's been a bunch of family problems lately too but that's nothing new, I think I'm just struggling to move forward and let go of the past since I'm so unhappy with it. I know the past can't be changed but the past is also what shapes the future and I can't seem to find the control to change that.

Sorry my thoughts are still really confused, it's all just hit me out of nowhere and I still haven't really had a chance to process it and think about it. I really appreciate your help :hugs:

No need to apologise :smile:

I think it's only natural to have some regrets and sometimes they can eat away at us, I have many regrets but as you said we cannot change the past so we just have to move forward. What we can do however is learn from the past and try to make better decisions in the future. I completely understand when you say you don't want to bother people with your problems which is one of the biggest reasons a lot of people keep their problems to themselves because they are scared to trouble friends and family but let me tell you one thing, even people with their own problems are often more than happy to help with yours if they truly care about you.

I am going through issues myself but I am always available to my friends if they need to talk through their problems because I know how important it is. You should reach out to your friend again but just suggest that you're starting to feel a little bit down and see if she takes the conversation forward, if she does it means she is more than happy to talk it through with you.

What is stopping you from becoming the person you want to be? Is it something you can change or something which is out of your control?
My mental health has been all over the place. The last few years have been terrible for me due to personal reasons. I ended up getting counselling in both in school and outside school. I thought that helped but the anxiety soon returned. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. Then in the past couple of years it got even worse until recently I felt like ending it. I told a couple of people who ended up talking me out of it and I am very thankful to those people.

Recently I've been all over the place. I feel confused and lonely and don't know what to do. I occasionally have flashbacks to the bad times and I think really bad things which I won't mention. I start uni in just over a month and I hope that this helps in some way. I may also see if I can talk to someone about my issues. I just feel really sick :redface:
Reply 8992
No need to apologise :smile:

I think it's only natural to have some regrets and sometimes they can eat away at us, I have many regrets but as you said we cannot change the past so we just have to move forward. What we can do however is learn from the past and try to make better decisions in the future. I completely understand when you say you don't want to bother people with your problems which is one of the biggest reasons a lot of people keep their problems to themselves because they are scared to trouble friends and family but let me tell you one thing, even people with their own problems are often more than happy to help with yours if they truly care about you.

I am going through issues myself but I am always available to my friends if they need to talk through their problems because I know how important it is. You should reach out to your friend again but just suggest that you're starting to feel a little bit down and see if she takes the conversation forward, if she does it means she is more than happy to talk it through with you.

What is stopping you from becoming the person you want to be? Is it something you can change or something which is out of your control?

That’s quite true, I actually feel good when a friend talks to me about their problems and I’m able to help it’s satisfying and it creates a nice bond, It was her birthday the other day so I think I’ll give it a day or 2. I still haven’t completely figured it out, my thoughts/feelings are usually always cluttered until I feel like I can sit down and just write it all out except when I tried it and I just couldn’t pin it down this time.

It’s a bit of both... it started off with just small changes, like I thought I’d change my appearance with a different haircut and new clothes, I flipped my room around, discovered new music and tried new things like playing the keyboard, drawing and doing more things I love like photography. But now its bigger stuff like my personality, my physical appearance and wanting to change the direction of my aspirations. I don’t know why but I’m starting to dislike most things about myself, from things like facial features to my voice and just my overall appearance. I think this where the anxiety is stemming from mostly, my dislike towards my physical appearance, my personality and what the future. I’m used to having a ‘game plan’ but for once I just don’t know what I want which is quite scary :frown:

Also if you ever wanna talk about stuff feel free to PM :smile: I think I’m pretty good at giving advice just not to myself lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Fed up of everything
noone gives a **** about me and they dont even attempt to hide it. Noone messages, no-one asks how i am unless i ask them, whenever i go out with the one person who usually cares about me they are always taking phone calls from the new person in their life. Everything is always more important than me and im fed up of it. I always try to be there for everyone but noone returns the favour. Im fed up of trying to be nice to people when im in pain constantly and feel **** so i dont want to be anymore.
Original post by furryface12
Good, sorry about the work though! Mine's alright, been pretty busy too but next couple of weeks should be a bit calmer hopefully :smile: can sleeeeppp! :colondollar:

ahh, that's good :smile: i'm glad!
It's been a long time since I've been on here.

Hope you're all doing well. :smile:

There's no hiding, is good :lol:
:hugs: back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone gives a **** about me anymore :hides: :cry:
Original post by Midnightmemories
I don't think anyone gives a **** about me anymore :hides: :cry:

Aww don't think like that I'm sure you have people that care about you :smile:

Anyway there are always people here to support you, if you ever need to talk we're all here for you :hugs:

Latest