The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Lord Huntroyde
Which uni are you going too?

I know someone at Oxford who got AAA and an E in General Studies, so don't worry about it.

I've still got to do A2s etc, but hopefully will get into oxford for economics and management, though must admit am kinda worried about the bad general studiews grade.

Phil
Reply 81
rahaydenuk
What were your results?

A2 Computing: A
A2 German: A
A2 Physics: A
A2 Mathematics: A
A2 Further Mathematics: A
A2 General Studies: A

AEA German: Merit
STEP II (Maths): 3
STEP III (Maths): 2

What grades were you expecting?

Same as above, but wasn't sure I'd pass AEA German.

What were your grades last year for AS?

AS Computing: A
AS German: A
AS Physics: A
AS General Studies: A
A2 Mathematics: A

What were your predicted grades by your school or college?

As achieved.

Your course and university of your firm/insurance offer as well as requirements of this offer?

Firm: MSci Mathematics with Computer Science - Imperial College London ? AAA
Insurance: MMath Mathematics - Warwick ? AAB

Well done on your excellent results! I'm glad you got an A in German in the end. You deserve it.
rowei
Well done on your excellent results! I'm glad you got an A in German in the end. You deserve it.

ja das ist gut lol :biggrin:
PHIL
I've still got to do A2s etc, but hopefully will get into oxford for economics and management, though must admit am kinda worried about the bad general studiews grade.

Phil
Decline the General Studies grade then, on your UCAS form.
Reply 84
rowei

Ditto
Phil
Reply 85
Vin
Decline the General Studies grade then, on your UCAS form.

Can you do that, I thought you had to declare all your grades.

Phil
Reply 86
PHIL
Ditto
Phil

It'sPhil
ja das ist gut lol

rowei

Danke schön!
Reply 87
You're welcome

Phil
Reply 88
rahaydenuk
Danke schön!

sprechen sie deutsch?
Ich habe As-Deutsch gemacht.
Reply 89
Bigcnee
sprechen sie deutsch?
Ich haette As-Deutsch gemacht.

Have you any idea how difficult it is to moderate something when you have no idea what the **** it says??? :biggrin:
Reply 90
Leekey
Have you any idea how difficult it is to moderate something when you have no idea what the **** it says??? :biggrin:

Don't worry about it. It means, 'Do you speak German, I did it for AS'

pHIL
Reply 91
loftx
Got a call from Oxford, even though I am just one grade short (AAB need AAA), they're not going to accept me :frown:

nasty buggers :frown: so are you going to ucl then? I'm going there. It looks like a very nice place!
Reply 92
rahaydenuk your results are absolutely amazing! You DO realise you are a genius!? lol :smile: I think you'll do really well at IC! Good going!
Reply 93
Leekey
AS Results
I really don't know what happened, my worst result came in the subject I thought I was best at and my best result came in the subject I hate most. Not complaing though, if you'd have offered me these results I would have taken them IMMEDIATELY and ran away to Mexico before you could catch me.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Leekey!! and you were so worried about it! Didn't I tell you everything was gonna be just fine? and do I recall you laughing in my face? well look who's laughing now.... you! because you did so well! :-D well done!! Let me know when you return from mexico.. lol!
maths- a
f maths -a
physics -a
chemistry -b

As results
maths-a
fmaths -a
chemistry -a
phsycis -a
music -b

step 2 and 3 .- really messed up

expected . simlilar

going- not telling you

studying. mathematics.

Bloodhound
Reply 95
tweetsy85
Leekey!! and you were so worried about it! Didn't I tell you everything was gonna be just fine? and do I recall you laughing in my face? well look who's laughing now.... you! because you did so well! :-D well done!! Let me know when you return from mexico.. lol!

Thanks for that!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I might not have screwed up THAT badly afterall, I still think I manage to accidentally cheat though because NO WAY should I have got an A in Electronics!!! :eek: :biggrin: :eek:

MUCHO congrats on your collection of A's!!!! Hope you enjoy your new Uni!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 96
Leekey
Thanks for that!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I might not have screwed up THAT badly afterall, I still think I manage to accidentally cheat though because NO WAY should I have got an A in Electronics!!! :eek: :biggrin: :eek:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don't complain about getting good grades.

Phil
Does anyone else think their results are a mistake? I got 300/300 UMS for Economics and I think I really didn't deserve it after my exams. I mean, some of the things I wrote were shocking, some answers terrible. I really don't understand how I got this mark, and sort of feel guilty, as if I've cheated or something
Reply 98
It'sPhil...
Does anyone else think their results are a mistake? I got 300/300 UMS for Economics and I think I really didn't deserve it after my exams. I mean, some of the things I wrote were shocking, some answers terrible. I really don't understand how I got this mark, and sort of feel guilty, as if I've cheated or something

I kinda know what ya mean, as was expecting a B in eocnomics, and the same in Business, ended up with an A with 273/300 and 244/300 (just scraped it). well done on getting 300/300, I got the same for french. what board was your economics?

Phil
My board was Edexcel. I was hoping to scrape an A because I thought my Unit 2 (I did the Buffer Stock Q) went really badly - my answer to the last part, worth 12 marks out of 40, was half a side long. Unit 1 I thought was okay, and Unit 3 worse but not terrible. I'm happy because now I don't have to do any work next year - as long as I get 60% average I'll end up wityh an A

Latest

Trending

Trending