The Student Room Group

How does sending an A Level grade to universities on results day work?

I've already completed an A Level, and am listing it as a previous qualification on my UCAS application, but I'm looking to sit additonal exams this summer. I was planning to apply independently, but I'm unsure whether or not I need to apply via my local sixth form since I'm sitting the exams with them. If they're my exam centre, would I need to apply with them linked to my UCAS account in order for the grade I get to be sent to universities on results day? Can I submit them to UCAS myself?
Reply 1
The Exam Boards send all their results to UCAS - and then they send them on to the Universities about 5 days before applicants receive them. This gives the Unis time to process everything before 'Results Day'. You do not need to do anything.

Read this - What Happens on Results Day - Guide to A-level results day 2024 | The Student Room
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
The Exam Boards send all their results to UCAS - and then they send them on to the Universities about 5 days before applicants receive them. This gives the Unis time to process everything before 'Results Day'. You do not need to do anything.

Read this - What Happens on Results Day - Guide to A-level results day 2024 | The Student Room

So I can submit an application without linking in the school and the results I get after sitting the exam with the school get sent to my UCAS automatically anyway?
Reply 3
Original post by amason1
So I can submit an application without linking in the school and the results I get after sitting the exam with the school get sent to my UCAS automatically anyway?

Yes.
Reply 4
Original post by amason1

Yes.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
Yes.

Brilliant, thank you for clarifying
Original post by amason1

yes - as long as you list the pending results with the correct exam centre on your application alongside your completed grades from previous years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending