The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Momentum
If he had 6 good friends, he wouldn't want to be leaving.

Exactly. You know it's bad when you accept a shift at work instead of going to school that day because you know you'll at least get to see decent friends at work...
Reply 21
DazYaZZZ
so wat, you go to school to learn right? out of 5 of the 6 hours you are in lessons listening to wat teachers say, not talking to friends

You're being naive - You can't say it would make barely any difference if you had 0 friends or 6 good friends.
Reply 22
I have 3 good friends at 6th form. Basically I only talk to other people if I have to. Lots of my friends have moved away :frown: . Quite a few of my teachers are pretty pathetic too.

If I'm having a hard day the way I usually cope is by escaping to the library or going home in my frees. When I get crap teachers I just go to the lessons, ignore them, and read the text book.

Thing is, you could move, and get yourself into exactly the same situation. Sad but true.

How did you manage to put up with it for the last year? Can't you use the same methods to get through the next year?
Momentum
You're being naive - You can't say it would make barely any difference if you had 0 friends or 6 good friends.

you can kick it with girlfriends/friends after school/sixth form
Reply 24
zombie
Exactly. You know it's bad when you accept a shift at work instead of going to school that day because you know you'll at least get to see decent friends at work...

May I ask - Do you find that people within your school have large groups of friends (Generally) with you being left out, or is it that many have no/few friends and many of the relationships between the people in your year are quite small scale/fragmented?
Reply 25
DazYaZZZ
you can kick it with girlfriends/friends after school/sixth form

Girlfriends - His confidence is quite low and usually if he's lonely at school, then this can be the last thing on his mind.

Friends after school - The majority of his day is at college, and time after school to hang with friends outside can be limited, esp. at A2.

6th form - Huh? This is his problem.
Reply 26
Momentum
May I ask - Do you find that people within your school have large groups of friends (Generally) with you being left out, or is it that many have no/few friends and many of the relationships between the people in your year are quite small scale/fragmented?

In my sixth form it's more like there're 2 main groups of people, who don't really get on with each other. I sit with one of these groups most of the time, but I'm quite friendly with a few people in the other one too. I hate the way it's so segregated even though I can see what people dislike in each of the 'groups'.

It's not that I've got noone to talk to in school, there're always people I can have a chat with, because I'm quite an outgoing person, but I feel like there're only maybe 3 people I feel are truly my friends. So many of the others are just so... fake.

So it's like there're these 2 groups, but within them there's quite a bit of infighting.
in a way i wish i had applied to the grammar school i was originally at ( lasted there for 2 wks btw )

all grammar school people are mature/nice
Reply 28
Momentum
Girlfriends - His confidence is quite low and usually if he's lonely at school, then this can be the last thing on his mind.

My gf left to go backpacking around Europe a week ago for 8 weeks and 5 days. She's off to uni next year and we haven't really spoken about what's going to happen when she goes but I guess that's what's put me in such a crappy mood.

Latest

Trending

Trending