The Student Room Group

help with relationships

What do you do when you have a crush on someone? I don't have any classes with them but I see them around (hallway crush) and we don't have any mutual friends. I follow them on ig and that's about the only connection we have. What do I do about this?
Original post by Anonymous #1
What do you do when you have a crush on someone? I don't have any classes with them but I see them around (hallway crush) and we don't have any mutual friends. I follow them on ig and that's about the only connection we have. What do I do about this?

Tbh, in this situation you can do much other than make the first move and just strike up a conversation
Reply 2
Original post by georgiema3
Tbh, in this situation you can do much other than make the first move and just strike up a conversation
I'm not sure how to since I don't have any time in the school day when we can interact, all I can do is make eye contact when they walk past TT
I had a crush on a guy right from year 8 to year 11, asked him if we could catch up outside of 6th form for coffee, we had a great time but i realised i didn’t really feel much. Still friends with him now at Uni.

The worst thing he could do if you ask if he wants to hang out is say no, get yourself comfortable with that being worst case, and then ask, even if it doesn’t work out the way you expect you might make a new friend
Reply 4
Original post by Autumn223
I had a crush on a guy right from year 8 to year 11, asked him if we could catch up outside of 6th form for coffee, we had a great time but i realised i didn’t really feel much. Still friends with him now at Uni.
The worst thing he could do if you ask if he wants to hang out is say no, get yourself comfortable with that being worst case, and then ask, even if it doesn’t work out the way you expect you might make a new friend

That's great advice I should think about tbh aha, but I guess what's holding me back is that he's one of the "popular" lot so I am worried it will be humiliating
That's great advice I should think about tbh aha, but I guess what's holding me back is that he's one of the "popular" lot so I am worried it will be humiliating
Honestly popularity completely melts away after secondary school. In my book if someone responds badly they weren’t worth it in the first place.
Reply 6
Honestly popularity completely melts away after secondary school. In my book if someone responds badly they weren’t worth it in the first place.

That's so true, hopefully they aren't like that. But in my case the popularity is still kinda there since it's a continued sixth form college
That's so true, hopefully they aren't like that. But in my case the popularity is still kinda there since it's a continued sixth form college
Yeah i get that, guess i mean more once you leave 6th form too, like if you plan on going to University, most people just kind of get along, at least thats been my experience :smile:

If you like him id ask if he wants to hang out, you don’t have to frame it as a date or anything, just something to catch up!
Reply 8
Yeah i get that, guess i mean more once you leave 6th form too, like if you plan on going to University, most people just kind of get along, at least thats been my experience :smile:
If you like him id ask if he wants to hang out, you don’t have to frame it as a date or anything, just something to catch up!

How do I get to that stage? Should I reach out through social media or will my constant staring at him/eye contact give him the hint to talk to me?

It sounds so silly but I have no experience in this field aha!
How do I get to that stage? Should I reach out through social media or will my constant staring at him/eye contact give him the hint to talk to me?
It sounds so silly but I have no experience in this field aha!
Id reach out through social media :smile:
Just be friendly and casual with it, plus it’s easier to build yourself up to sending a message than it is to speaking in person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending