The Student Room Group

AQA AS Product Design 2016 Exam Discussion

Exam discussion for the exam on the 23rd May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how is everyone doing with revision and how are they revising?

also if possible , could someone please send me there revision notes
Original post by Exams987
how is everyone doing with revision and how are they revising?

also if possible , could someone please send me there revision notes

Revision is going well tbh (although at this exact moment history is my main priority :smile:)
how is yours going?
and well tbh i think it is always better if you make your own notes, you aren't really learning anything if you just look at someone elses :redface: plus it took me the vast majority of the year to compile all my notes so don't really want to give them away tbh.
you still have 2 weeks ish to make some :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
Revision is going well tbh (although at this exact moment history is my main priority :smile:)
how is yours going?
and well tbh i think it is always better if you make your own notes, you aren't really learning anything if you just look at someone elses :redface: plus it took me the vast majority of the year to compile all my notes so don't really want to give them away tbh.
you still have 2 weeks ish to make some :smile:

same , i am focusing most of my time on maths and physics.

i understand that you have put alot of time and effort into making your notes, do you mind telling me what you used to make the notes.

are you also doing the a2 exam this year?
same , i am focusing most of my time on maths and physics.

i understand that you have put alot of time and effort into making your notes, do you mind telling me what you used to make the notes.

are you also doing the a2 exam this year?

That is totally understandable :yes: especially considering that maths is next wednesday if i'm right? (don't do it just hear things from other ppl :smile:)
:hugs: and i just use my laptop, i break it down into roughly: woods, plastics and metals and follow the spec on what we need to know for each and expand on each point :smile: i only type them because i find it easier to learn text but it is whatever works for you.
and no just the AS :smile:
Reply 5
That is totally understandable :yes: especially considering that maths is next wednesday if i'm right? (don't do it just hear things from other ppl :smile:)
:hugs: and i just use my laptop, i break it down into roughly: woods, plastics and metals and follow the spec on what we need to know for each and expand on each point :smile: i only type them because i find it easier to learn text but it is whatever works for you.
and no just the AS :smile:

Wednesday is my first maths exam.

are you using the aqa textbook?
Wednesday is my first maths exam.

are you using the aqa textbook?

Aww goodluck :hugs:
Sort of, use my class notes and youtube videos and websites for the processes e.g there are good videos on processes such as drop forging for example :smile:
Reply 7
Aww goodluck :hugs:
Sort of, use my class notes and youtube videos and websites for the processes e.g there are good videos on processes such as drop forging for example :smile:

Thanks , good luck to you too
is it possible if you send me your notes.

i am planning to make my own concise set of notes using your notes.

if you could help me , it would save me a lot of time
Thanks , good luck to you too
is it possible if you send me your notes.

i am planning to make my own concise set of notes using your notes.

if you could help me , it would save me a lot of time

Thank you :smile:
and i'm really sorry but no :redface: i don't send anything work related over the internet and as i say i've spent all year making notes for my subjects :redface:
Reply 9
That is totally fine , thanks anyway for your help.

are there any predictions on what is likely to come up this year on the paper?
Reply 10
Exam discussion for the exam on the 23rd May 2016

Thank god I've found a thread for this, I'm absolutely crapping myself about this exam. I think section C is going to be my weakness so I'm constantly going through past papers to try and get myself familiar with the structure, hope you're revision is going well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbbieL
Thank god I've found a thread for this, I'm absolutely crapping myself about this exam. I think section C is going to be my weakness so I'm constantly going through past papers to try and get myself familiar with the structure, hope you're revision is going well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww :hugs: i'm glad i found someone else actually doing this exam :lol:
awhhh hun, try not to worry a lot of the questions are more straightforward than you think and if you can work out a lot of the answers by common sense which is harder to do if you're panicking x
And yes section C is the worst section :/ however it is where the majority of the marks are along with section B (it works out that even if you didn't do section A, not that i am endorsing that in any way, if you got full marks in B and C you could get an A overall :eek:) so yes i think what you are doing is absolutely correct :yes:
and you too lovely :hugs:
Reply 12
Awww :hugs: i'm glad i found someone else actually doing this exam :lol:
awhhh hun, try not to worry a lot of the questions are more straightforward than you think and if you can work out a lot of the answers by common sense which is harder to do if you're panicking x
And yes section C is the worst section :/ however it is where the majority of the marks are along with section B (it works out that even if you didn't do section A, not that i am endorsing that in any way, if you got full marks in B and C you could get an A overall :eek:) so yes i think what you are doing is absolutely correct :yes:
and you too lovely :hugs:

I'm thinking section C will be metal based because it was plastic last year. I'm hoping to do well enough to have a good shot at the A* next year so with my A in coursework I think I'll still need a solid A in the exam to have a chance next year
Is this your first time taking the exam because I know a lot of people tend to resit in yr13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm year 13 and retaking this exam, I thought last years paper went well but ended up scraping a C and I just went over the paper again a few days ago and I can't see what I did too wrong to just get on a C, however I got an A in CW in year 12 so I got a B overall. I'm really shitting it for this paper because of last year loooool, anyone get any predictions?
Original post by AbbieL
I'm thinking section C will be metal based because it was plastic last year. I'm hoping to do well enough to have a good shot at the A* next year so with my A in coursework I think I'll still need a solid A in the exam to have a chance next year
Is this your first time taking the exam because I know a lot of people tend to resit in yr13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree tbh, metals hasn't come up for a while which is annoying as plastic is the easiest :tongue:
Same :yes: and i wish you the best of luck possible with it (also to anyone reading this the AS still counts for this course)
Nope i'm year 12 so first (and hopefully only :s-smilie:) time doing this exam

Original post by lozengerrrr
I'm year 13 and retaking this exam, I thought last years paper went well but ended up scraping a C and I just went over the paper again a few days ago and I can't see what I did too wrong to just get on a C, however I got an A in CW in year 12 so I got a B overall. I'm really shitting it for this paper because of last year loooool, anyone get any predictions?

Awww well good luck :hugs:
And as the poster above says metals looks likely to come up due to the recent absence of metal based questions
Reply 15

That happened with a girl I know she thought last years paper went great and then got a D on it which is strange

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbbieL
That happened with a girl I know she thought last years paper went great and then got a D on it which is strange

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know, a lot of people I've been speaking to on the A2 thread have experienced the same thing. Coursework really does save you haha, but I'm hoping I do a lot better this year
Reply 17
Yeah I know, a lot of people I've been speaking to on the A2 thread have experienced the same thing. Coursework really does save you haha, but I'm hoping I do a lot better this year

You have a year more experience, so you'll most probably do better. Coursework has been my saviour for the past two years, hopefully it doesn't let me down this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully! And has your teacher told you what your 'grade' is, given its not changes by the moderator?
Reply 19
Hopefully! And has your teacher told you what your 'grade' is, given its not changes by the moderator?

Yeah, mine should be an A with 78/90 so if the moderator doesn't change it, I should be okay, what about yours?

Quick Reply

Latest