The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
tis_me_lord
Can anybody do these, and if so how long does it take you? I have one and it's impossible, i have it so it's done except the middle square is the wrong colour on 4 of the 6 faces, but if i move it things get even worse, argh!

My step-mums a maths teacher and can do them in about an hour if she tries, i'll have to get her to teach me - they're so frustrating!

i cant do them but my mum is constantly doing them!!
Reply 41
charlord
i cant do them but my mum is constantly doing them!!

Just get her to teach you how to do them then.
Reply 42
i learnt from the internet how to do them in january and i've now got to the stage where i can comfortably complete it every time under a minute. i think my best time was 35 seconds a while ago :smile:
Reply 43
I still can't do them, gah! :mad:
Reply 44
In the past my record was 6 minutes. But I've forgotten since then! :frown:
Reply 45
tis_me_lord
Can anybody do these, and if so how long does it take you? I have one and it's impossible, i have it so it's done except the middle square is the wrong colour on 4 of the 6 faces, but if i move it things get even worse, argh!

My step-mums a maths teacher and can do them in about an hour if she tries, i'll have to get her to teach me - they're so frustrating!

I've always wanted to try to complete one, but I've never come across one.
Reply 46
Swing
I still can't do them, gah! :mad:

I'm sure you said earlier in the thread you could?
Reply 47
I did one once in under 2 minutes. But my average is about 3 and a half minutes.

I taught half of my house at uni last year how to do them. It will certainly be interesting to see if they still remember this year.
we timed the maths teacher i had last year at under 3 minutes :eek:
there must be some kind of set way to doing it because he hardly looked at it while doing it... what a nutter
Reply 49
If you still want to do it try this site - it gives you pretty easy to understand instructions http://jjorg.chem.unc.edu/personal/monroe/cube/Denny3x3/index.htm It starts the same way I used to do it, but it's more complicated as I never used to have to spot the different patterns to get the bottom corners in place.

Latest

Trending

Trending